Rear wall and corner repair

Started by djcassadyjr, December 13, 2016, 12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcassadyjr

I am repairing rotten rear corners and a detached rear wall at the bottom on my 1998 Winnebago brave 26WU.  The rear corner is completely rotted away. How can I repair the corners without removing the back wall?  How do I reattach the rear wall across the bottom?

Rickf1985

Looks like you are going to have to replace a sizable section of floor also. You can't piecemeal it, it all has to be done at once so it will all tie into the other parts.

TerryH

As you do the repairs, keep in mind that these are built from the inside out. Floor first, then walls. Floor is carpeted and covered with poly - easier and cheaper to carpet a rectangle than to cut around cupboards etc. Interior wall finish next, top to bottom, regardless of layout, design, build-ins etc. Then the roof. Demo and reconstruction should follow the same path.
My opinion.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

PwrWgnWalt

If it is of any help, I did a similar repair to my MH.

Search for my 1978 Beach-Craft Refurbish project blog on this site, and look at the bottom of page 2 for pictures and explanations.

Was easier than I expected, once I got into it. The most difficult part was figuring out how it was put together, and what I was going to do to fix it.

Have fun!

Walt
Walt & Tina