Stove, oven, removal, and sink base movement

Started by JerryP, November 20, 2016, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Give me some thoughts on this modification to my Chieftain 23 footer
I am going to remove the oven/stove, permanently.
My plan is to move the sink base cabinet down where the stove is located. This will give me a 3 foot sink, and counter, instead of a 5 foot counter.
The new sink will be a 15 inch single, instead of double sink, which will give me space for a 2 burner, or a blank space for portable burners, or the portable induction cooking unit.
Above that we have a convection/microwave oven unit.
This will give me a couple extra feet of empty space by the door which will help open up the inside for the dogs, or whatever.
After having the Chieftain for a couple of years, we have never used the stove, or oven, and see no use for it, and prefer the added space more than the oven. We lose no storage space, and gain open space which is more valuable to us.
Anything that comes out of the RV gets saved, in case a future owner want it back.
In the below picture the oven, and counter will be gone, and the sink base, 2 (2 door) will be put where the stove is, with a single sink.

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

CapnDirk

LMAO! :)rotflmao   The dogs are Wearing coats!

I can see why you need the extra space,  In your pics there is no place left to sit or sleep!

I'm re-doing my bedroom (rear) from left and right singles to Queen.  The woodwork is easy.  What you might do is take the range gas pipe and hook it up to a bulkhead fitting coming up through the new counter.  Then, a hose and a portable cook top and you're set.  Longer hose out the window or such and you're set to cook outside.  Cook top can reside in out outside/under storage.

Picture this everyone!  You've been driving for hours and swear you thought that Winnie that went by in the other direction was being driven by a Dane!   :)rotflmao
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

JerryP

Quote from: CapnDirk on November 20, 2016, 06:57 PM
I can see why you need the extra space,  In your pics there is no place left to sit or sleep!

We have 3 Great Danes, so you are correct, space is at a premium.
However, November camping is awesome, You have a Dane blanket.

Quote from: CapnDirk on November 20, 2016, 06:57 PMWhat you might do is take the range gas pipe and hook it up to a bulkhead fitting coming up through the new counter.  Then, a hose and a portable cook top and you're set.  Longer hose out the window or such and you're set to cook outside.  Cook top can reside in out outside/under storage.

I was thinking about a connection on the counter top, but did not consider an outside one too, which is a great idea ??? ???
The place we set up the prep table with the outside portable burner is right on the other side of the stove.

Quote from: CapnDirk on November 20, 2016, 06:57 PMPicture this everyone!
You've been driving for hours and swear you thought that Winnie that went by in the other direction was being driven by a Dane!   :)rotflmao
We get a lot of looks with a couple of them sitting on the engine cover. A Dane, or 2 in my miata gets a lot of laughs

Jerry P
A work in progress

CapnDirk

Yup, good idea.  A T and a couple bulkhead fittings and you can hook up on the counter or out the sidewall  Or, just outside.

Talk about laugh a dog, I'm driving back from Seattle, It's about 75 and sunny, suddenly I spot a Honda Civic.  We all know how much they love to hang out the window, this German Shepard has his butt in the back seat, and one paw on the top of each of the front seats with his head out the sunroof!  If that wasn't amusing enough, I get along side and his upper lips are flapping in the 65 mile an hour wind like bed sheets in a storm.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Rickf1985

My Doberman still had his full ears and he would hang out the window with ears and lips flapping. Hilarious................ until you had to clean off the back part of the car!

Keep in mind your water plumbing, as long as it is all above the floor and running away from the door you should be good.

JerryP

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 21, 2016, 03:47 PM
Keep in mind your water plumbing, as long as it is all above the floor and running away from the door you should be good.
It is, and does, I only need to shorten some of the tubing, and drain pipe.
Looks like it will be an extremely easy job. I will post pictures this weekend
Already have the stove, oven out, and cut the cabinet to a 36" base

Jerry P
A work in progress