Loosening brake bleeders

Started by mulletman, July 17, 2009, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulletman

this winter i will be redoing my master and hydro booster going to get the parts from Alretta Truck Parts i am going to get all new hydro lines made up and i am going to make new brake lines from the master to the valve under the mh all that stuff i am not to worried about. i am hoping to cut the brake lines at the master and make all the new ones made and in place bleed up to the end of the line and then take the old ones off the valve and put the new ones on fast the let as little air in as possible because i hate playing with old bleeders does any one have any secret on getting them loose. everything works fine its just that the master and lines around it look in bad shape

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

angrybreadbox73

also try heating up the caliper if you have access to an acetylene torch cherry red and if the bleeder strips where your wrench or socket goes there is a tool set at most auto part stores for removing rounded nut
soo many bagos so little time

Oz

And, do let us know if and how you get it removed.  It's most helpful for others who may have this problem in the future.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca