Need windshield washer sprayer nipple

Started by westcoast redneck, September 08, 2009, 08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoast redneck

Sent: 7/10/2005

Hi. I have a 78 d21 .Was trying to take the little nipple off the windshield washer sprayer to blow it out & guess what it broke off. !!!?!!!.Then tried to take the the whole hex head off but the whole shaft was turning with it so I stopped..Q. If I'm lucky enough to easy out that nipple where would I get a replacement .. Talked to the Whinnie place in Vancouver . No such luck.Any help or suggestions would be great .Thanks eh

mightybooboo

Sent: 7/10/2005 1:39 PM

Can you glue it with epoxy?  Works pretty god on that plastic.

denisondc

That isn't a part Winnebago would have made; I think they would have just chosen one of the standard windshield washer nozzles, perhaps made by a firm like Anco or Trico that also make wiper blades and arms. You need to find a parts place that has the book with little illustrations of the different spray heads and nozzles. Probably a place that also deals with delivery trucks, etc

westcoast redneck

Thanks Denison.  Did this damage a few years ago.  Guess with all the rain we get up here I haven't needed it. Windshield's always getting wet. It's the shoots about Heavy Hauler eh. Him and you have been allot of help

ClydesdaleKevin

Sent: 7/12/2005 6:35

I had a similar dilemma, but in my case, there AREN'T any wiper "frogs" (nozzels).  The whole thing was disconnected when I bought the Ark, and there aren't even any holes in the body where the "frogs" might have been!

The squeeze ball pedal is still there.  The wiper reservoir (a Bosch marked bag) is still there.  The hoses are still there...connected to nothing.

What I can't figure out is where they were supposed to connect to!

My GUESS is that some PO put different wiper arms and wipers on our rig, and that the originals had the wiper spray come out THROUGH the arms, like some Lincolns.

No way of knowing, I guess.  I've elected for now to just not drive in the rain and snow...lol.  Especially snow, since we plan on always being where its "temperate".

IF I replace the frogs, I'll either go to a junkyard and get something from a delivery truck, or else go back to my VW roots, and get new ones (readily available) for old VW buses.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Sent: 2/10/2006 9:02

You could try one of our ever popular RV salvage yards listed in the resources section.  If not there, maybe filing down a grease zirk fitting until the little ball comes out and then threading it into the hole.  Since you might not be able to easy-out the nipple end, you can drill it out and tap the hole to the size needed for the zirk fitting?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DanD2Soon

If I'm reading this right, these universal nozzles are available in Chrome for $15.95/Pair or Black for $19.95/Pair. They're adjustable and look Mightyfine online.

Chrome
Black