Clearance light wiring??

Started by MSN Member, September 08, 2009, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnesotaTom

Sent: 5/23/2008

In the same area as another poster, but with maybe a different problem, hence the new "clean" post.

With me, NONE of Sunny's clearance lights are working. Head: check. Tail: check. Signals: check. License plate light (recently purchased and installed by moi due to a totally absent one): check.  EVERYTHING is just ducky until: Clearance lights, front, rear, and sides: nope.

Now, Sunny DOES have a totally new roof. My first question (especially for those who have seen their Winnie topless (woohoo!) is; where is the wiring for these lights? Is it possible that it ran along the roof-line and my farmer PO cut the wiring out and forgot to reinstall it? I can't find any sign on the inside walls of sockets or wires, not in the eyebrow (front lights), rear cabinet above the back window (rear lights) or anywhere on the sides. Maddening. Ideas, guys?

Slantsixness

Tom,

Rear marker lights come up from the rear left side, behind the access door, and up from the floor into the body...

Front wiring on my 72 comes straight up the Driver's Window pillar into the front...

But wait!

under the rig... about where the Battery box is, the light wiring comes precariously close and rubs a frame bracket. This is why my clearance lights (all of them) were out. unwrap the wire harness there and see. It'll probably be more obvious when you look at it anyway...

Ok... next thing...
When Kevin installed his awning on his rig, he inadvertently shorted out one of the side marker wires on his old Ark. Took us awhile to find it (in the Snow in VA in December..brrr) but we did find it. 
Since you have a new roof, I would not pass up the idea that the previous owner may have pinched a wire with a screw either. "it happens" !

FL Tom
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

ibdilbert01

Tom, Tom is right, or at least thats where my rear and front clearance lights wires were. I had issues with the grounds on all my lights and ran new wiring with a ground to all my fixtures, but I was able to run all my wires in the ceiling before closing it up.

-Tim
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!