A DAY OFF

Started by Arberg0, November 26, 2010, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arberg0

A DAY OFF

So you want the day off?  Let’s take a look at what you are asking for.this is in the bosses manual

There are 365 days per year available for work.  There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have two days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work.  Since you spend 16 hours each day away from work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available.  You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break that accounts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available.  With a one-hour lunch period each day, you have used up another 48 days leaving only 22 days available for work.  You normally spend two days per year on sick leave.  This leaves you only 20 days available for work.  We offer five holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days.  We generously give you 14 days vacation per year which leaves you only one day available for work and I’ll be DAMNED if you’re going to take that day off!!!
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

OldEdBrady

But I already have every day off!   :D

George-47

I agree with Ed....it no longer matters to me which day it is ....each is a new one....Monday is no different than Friday...most of the time I'm still looking for the things I put up so I could find them....now and then I wonder why I'm even looking...and tomorrow will be the same. A day off would completely ruin my schedule..or is it a day on...??

OldEdBrady

We no longer get any paid sick days, but we sure get a lot of vacation days.

As for where I put things, it only takes me a minute or two to forget.  I SWEAR SWMBO or the girl come into the trailer when I'm not looking and move things just to drive me nuts.

I put a screwdriver down in the kitchen area, walk back to the bathroom, return to the kitchen, and the screwdriver is gone.  Takes me 20 minutes to find it was moved over to the living area.

Oz

Ed, that's because you put in a sacred womens' area... the kitchen.  The same will happen in the bath and bedroom and dinette.  So, that leaves you the "Man" areas.  The furnace, behind the shower wall and... that's about it.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Froggy1936

There are other forces at work too, I am usually alone and stuff moves from where i left it. Funny though i usually find it again by backtracking all the places i went since i laid it down.  Hmmmm! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ibdilbert01

Its the same force that swaps out all the regular screw drivers with philips at the moment you need a regular and visa versa. 
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

ClassCKing

actually..its the force that says its an easy job...three days later 10 trips to different stores and the loss of the one tool you need to get the job done...so i try not to upset the rv gods on that day :angel:
fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

OldEdBrady

I've found that the best way to handle it is to forget about whatever I wanted to use and come up with an alternative.  Then, while searching for the alternative, I find what I wanted in the first plance.   Hm?

4winds

But what are we to do when we forget what we were doing while looking for what we lost? :-[

OldEdBrady

I've done that, too.  More times than I'll ever admit.

Froggy1936

Notes:  You have to write notes to yourself before starting, Explaning what you plan to do, when & where, along with the info of your name and address and phone no so you dont get confused adding the date helps also especilly for jobs requiring a couple days , weeks or months I have foun that the best place to write the notes is on your arm so you cant lose them. Though i have rolled up my sleeves to get started and find a note about something i forgot to finish last week  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

OldEdBrady

Nice idea, but...

...I've written notes.  And now I have no idea where I put them.   :-[

4winds

At least you still remember how to write i??