Repairing split copper water lines

Started by lumpy, July 10, 2010, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

well let me tell ya how I did not want to spend my day off  :'( ,   repairing a split copper supply line behind a false side wall between the rear gaucho bed and the bathroom,  what??? this 1/2 inch line is not a 1/2 inch line but a 3/8's , well another trip to the hardware store , 

did find out that  type M copper makes a perfect sleeve and if ya cut out the section you are repairing you can simply replace it with Type M and no fitting needed , you just put the 3/8 s into the Type M 1/2 inch and solder away, 

wow that was easy, well not really  but fixed ..... 

WHAT  :'( :'( :'( now I got a split line under the fresh water tank , well At least I know what to do ,   remove the tank and splice in another piece , now I got the routine down , back in goes the tank and WHAT  THE  $@!#@! $@!#@! , now there is another split pipe where else but behind the furnace ,   Nice , well out comes the furnace and now I got to tell you , I am not a little guy and that there is a little space to try and cut - flux- solder - and repair.  get it all back together after re-soldering the thing 5 times.   well now it is all back together and I have water , pressurized water.

evidently there was some water left in the lines last winter that caused the problem .  I now have a  winter project set up , I WILL be replacing the complete water system with PEX .  I sure hope it makes it the rest of this summer as is.   
Drank a beer and took a nap in the BAGO just because I was POOPED!!  These things are truly a labor of Love.