Fresh Water pump constantly on

Started by wizardbill, November 18, 2010, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizardbill

In Shelby the water pump is not turning off.  I wonder, is it an always on pump?  If it is not an always on pump, does there is a leak somewhere?  How do I go about investigating this?

JDxeper

More than likely you have a leak, drippy faucets, toilet, or a leak in the lines somewhere.  Make sure all the line drains are closed also.   Just look for the wet places.  Good luck
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

DaveVA78Chieftain

I take it you have not read your Georgie Boy owners manual Bill.  2 page write up about your water supply system.

Not always on.  Turns on and off based on pressure when remote power switch is ON.
Either you:
1.  You have a big leak and it is flooding your rig (or overflowing your grey/black tank).
2.  The water supply tank is empty (nuttin to suck out of the tank).
3.  The pump inlet filter is clogged not allowing gas (uh water   W% ) to get to the pump.
4. The pump is not producing pressure (gone bad).
5. The pump pressure switch is foobar

Dave
[move][/move]

wizardbill

Dave, you are correct I did not read that manual.

1.)  Ground underneath not soaked, so does not seem like a leak.
2.)  Fresh water tank is full.
3.)  A possibility, but, getting water pressure at the sinks and toilet.
4.)  A possibility, but, getting water pressure at the sinks and toilet.
5.)  A possibility, but, getting water pressure at the sinks and toilet.

And, to answer your unasked next question, no, I am not hooked to a full time water pressure line.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Then #5 is the issue.
The pressure switch is not detecting that set pressure has been reached and turning off the pump.  It's part of the pump.  You will need to find out what brand/model it is and google to see if there are any repair parts available.  Otherwise, replace pump.

Dave

PS: When explaining a problem be sure to say things like you are getting pressurized water to the faucet.  I would have just said #5 to begin with if you had.
[move][/move]