Back up camera at walmart

Started by brians69d24, June 04, 2010, 03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brians1969

Sent: 11/29/2006

I  was at Walmart today and saw a color backup camera w/monitor for $98!!
Brian

Oz

Sent: 11/29/2006

Finally getting  down in price to where classic RV owners can afford them.  Great tip!  -  Sob
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tatkin

Sent: 12/2/2006

I just had to buy  one.   Hmmm, with my sight I am not sure what the 2 inch display is  going to provide.    Untested yet ...

Oz

Sent: 12/2/2006

My guess is that,  if you check the wiring to the monitor, you can modify it to use a  larger one!  Maybe a used 19" TV even?

- Sob

tatkin

Sent: 12/3/2006

It is wireless ...

At  ebay, search for VR3 WIRELESS.   At least this is the brand I bought at  the Walmart store for like $99 ... 

Actually , just search on  VR3 ....  You might get one of these for $60 ...   

I installed  it.

It actually works .

I have to move it though, put  it on the license plate.

That is for far to the left , needs to  be in the middle of the rig.

Wireless it is , hooked it to the  backup light and ground.

Monitor plugs in the cig lighter.

Oz

Sent: 4/22/2007

Great!  Hope it  works well.  Do you think cell phones or CBs will interfere with it? -  Sob

tatkin

Sent: 4/23/2007

Unknown ...   

I  don't think I will be on the phone when utilizing it though.   

Yeah  honey , I will pick that up right after I back in here ...

I  have to say, it appears you get the $99 worth.   Anything wireless has  issues ...

brians1969

Sent: 5/9/2007

I was at Walmart  yesterday and saw the price had dropped to around $89!
brian

tatkin

Sent: 8/1/2007

This little thing  actually worked on the 2 outings I did with it mounted.

Depth  perception is ? weird but it was still nice to have that view.

Oz

Sent: 12/7/2008

December 2008.  They  still have it and it's $100.   

Oz

Checked about 6 months ago... still had it, $89.  If we wait another 50 years, I'll bet they'll be free!

JDxeper

bought a backup camera and GPS combo for $80, on clearance, at Wal Mart, normal $350,
one of the benes of being at Wallys alot. LOL :P
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

vbazinet

I got the same cheep one, mounted it above spare tire an wired direct to rear fuse box. The monitor is up on the old forward bunk, wired to main fuse box. Monitor is a little small but works fine. Can even turn the picture in case I land on my roof or side.  :laugh:  Can be seen in my gallery.

GulfCoastFighter0

I bought a used overhead TV with a 7" screen, console, lights and DVD player on e-bay for $20, a cheap camera for $15, a long RCA cable for $7 and a switch for $3.  For less than $50 I have a rear view camera with 7" monitor, overhead lights and an extra TV in place of the rear view mirror.  The downside was wiring the entire thing up with that 20ft RCA cable, but it works and I'm an el-cheap-o!

1980 Minnie Winnie
1971 Bethany Citation 86
1971 Airstream Ambassador
NRA Recruiter

LJ-TJ

Now that's ingenuity at it's best and what CW&VRV is all about. Thinking thrifty.

angrybreadbox73

on the cb interfireing with any wireless device most cbs you buy at a truckstop or walmart will have minimal interfirance but lets say you have a big cb like a connex 3400 hp or larger when you talk on the radio it my kill any wireless device due to high power output but ofcourse most of ya probly dont have a cb that put out more than 10 watts of pwer
soo many bagos so little time

ibdilbert01

I think your going to find by law any CB out of the box will be capped at the FCCs maximum 4 watts of power. (of course one could peak and tune it, but we all know that would be illegal  W% ) 4 watts is not a lot but is enough to cause noise on nearby electronics, especially since we do not have a good ground plane and all of our electronic equipment is in the front, where most of us mount our antennas.   On a good note the wireless screen should only be affected when transmitting so it really shouldn't be an issue.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

fgutie35

I bought one of those VR3 cameras at wal-mart for $74 two weeks ago and finally installed today. I have a rear window in my MH, so I installed it on the inside on the top part of the window looking down to where I can see the edge of my rear bumper. I affixed it to the glass with suction cups and a little goop. Picture is very clear and the field of view allows me to see the side corners for clearing cars when changing lanes. I connected it to a constant power source with a switch, so I can have a rear view while driving.

George-47

I just ordered a camera off e-bay for $23.

George-47

Got my camera in...got a Magellan 1700 has a 7" screen and a A/V input..not as cheap as you guys ..but not only will I be able to see where I've been but I'll be told where to go too...w/o a wife I was adrift ....this is far cheaper than another marriage..