Replacing air vents

Started by HandyDan, February 14, 2012, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandyDan

This was today's project.  I noticed in the Winnebago catalog they had the heater/air conditioner air vents that were pretty close to mine.  The ones in the old Holiday Rambler have gotten cracked, broken, or just stuck.  The new ones came yesterday and are not an exact match but pretty darn close.  The new ones have a chrome outline where mine didn't.  Mine, also, had two chrome strips down the middle where the new ones only have one.  But, putting them in made a whole lot of difference in the looks of the panel.  It is amazing how such a little change can have a big influence in the overall appearance of the dash. 

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

LJ-TJ

Very nice.  :)clap I'm looking at completely re-designing my hole dash as none of the instruments work.

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks awesome Dan!  Mine so far look fine with no cracks, but if they ever crack its great to know that the Winnebago ones fit...Now  the rest of my dash?  Yeah, Strider did a number on it.  Eventually I'll have to get the whole thing reupholstered.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.