Replaced my toilet today

Started by Alaskan Itasca, April 24, 2012, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan Itasca

Well I replaced my failing Galaxy toilet with a new Dometic Sealand Traveler porcelain toilet. The old Galaxy was a pain to get it out so I had to recruit my 5 year old son to push down the pedal so I could get that front bolt off.

It was easier to replace than I though it would be, I did have to go to the RV store and get the right 3/8 to 1/2 fitting since the old toilet used a 3/8 line. I got the toilet all set in place after using the board method between the hold down bolts to rotate the flange around from the odd angle of the galaxy to the more standard 3/9 position. Then I decided I should go get the DW to come test sit on it before I connected the water and put in the back screws and she of course said it need to rotate 10 degrees to the left....(I married a chemist she tends to be precise) So I unbolt the toilet and rotate it around get the wife to come and test it before I bolt it down and all is well. I get it bolted down and see I forgot to put the gasket back in. So I unbolted it again and put it all back together. Got the back screws in, which were a pain in the butt, and connect the water line, and put on the shroud, it looks way nicer than the plastic toilet and even holds water.

The before photo:

The after photo:

1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks great!  You'll like the porcelain toilet a lot better...and its way easier to keep clean. 
Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Nice!  Better to always remember to lift the seat before sitting down.  It would be pretty "enlightening" shall I say, to sit down on that big, squarish knob on the back.

:-[
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Alaskan Itasca

Yea that would probably not be a pleasant expierence...
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E