1978 Dodge Cruise Control Cable Hook-up

Started by k94536, May 28, 2012, 11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k94536

I need help.  I have a 1978 Dodge Pioneer.  I just replaced the 440-3 and got the trans 727 rebuilt.  Well, the cruise control thing on the speedometer, we don't know where the black plastic cone with a cable coming out (like the one on the speedometer cable) goes. (It looks the same.)  I do know it goes into it.  We lost the bracket and don't know where it goes to hook it up (or where the thing bolts too).  It is factory installed from Dodge as the on/off control is on the turn arm.  It's a black plastic push switch and I don't know any thing more about it ether...

It's on a Dodge Sportsman Class C (my avatar picture).

thank you
--
Those who risk nothingâ€"do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing!
------------------------------------------------------
"Light travels faster than sound.
That's why some people appear to be smart until you actually hear them speak."

DaveVA78Chieftain

Original Cruise Control should have been Perfect Circle Brand (no longer in buisness).  There is some usefull information (pdf format) under the files section over on the Yahoo site for SportsCoach Enthusiasts http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vintagesportscoach/You would have to join the site to gain access to the files.  Once in the files section look for files that contain "Perfect Circle" in them.

Dave

[move][/move]

chicknnhead

the cruise itself bolts to the back of the head on the driver side, at least it does on my 360,I have a sportsman as well. but some things are different with the 78 and the 440. 78 was kinda a b-stardo year. the front end was more 71-77 the dash and  electronics were more like 79-86 and some things were just plain 78.

one site that might help since it's more van specific then rv is the B van board. the b van board is a board didicated to the dodge "B" series vans. Casey runs the site over there and they can help. the site is more 71-77 geared but they help 78 guys knowing they are in a bad spot..lol
http://moparbvans.proboards.com/index.cgi