Looking for "single"table leg and mounts

Started by moonlitcoyote, May 23, 2012, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

Hubby arrives in 10 days so I need to change out my dinette with a futon. Doing this takes away my table, so what I thought I would do is mount the table in front of the futon like a coffee table but a bit higher. It needs to be removable so when we lay the futon down into a bed we can take the table down. I know what I'm looking for but not sure how to describe it. I am looking for a round base for the floor and underside of the table with a tubular leg in between. Anyone know where I can search for one of these?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Table legs (posts) and floor rings are standard RV Supply house items.

Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

Does that mean I just have to find an RV store?

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

moonlitcoyote

Thank you very much HandyDan!  Thats so easy all I have to do is order it :)

Alaskan Itasca

I've even seen a base for a pedistal table that is not in the floor. It is advertised as a way to take your table and use it outside.  There would be no hole in your walk way with that setup.
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

Oz

I got one from the junkyard.  Full-size travel vans are good to get them from.  Along with the 2nd row captain's chairs to replace the driver and passenger seats.  It can just be fun going through the junkyards finding old RVs and scavanging stuff like switches, spare bulbs, all kinds of stuff.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

moonlitcoyote

I'd love to find some in a junkyard to scavenge but I have googled and searched and dont find any RV junkyards in Maine. ..

After checking out that site, I figured I better find an RV store to check out since they are advertised either leg w/o base or base w/o leg and I want to make sure I get what I need. I guess hubby is going to be sleeping on the floor for a few days when he gets here.

I would LOVE to see one of those that dont attach to your floor. I just dont have a lot of spare time to be searching.

Alaskan Itasca

i did a quick search, they are called porta legs, I found one site selling them, I'm sure there are more.

http://www.rvpartsdealer.com/p-76186-porta-leggs.aspx

1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E