Screen door brace is missing - any ideas on replacement?

Started by Stacy, June 17, 2012, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacy

Hello everyone!  The cross-piece on our screen door is missing and we are not sure what to replace it with.  Our old camper had a piece, approximately 6 inches wide that had a sliding piece that allowed the main door handle to poke through.  If we don't have this piece, the that handle will poke through the screen! 

I don't know the formal name for this piece, hopefully I have described it adequately.  Also, I am going to attempt to upload a picture of it.....hope it works.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Stacy

"It is our choices.....that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities".   Albus Dumbledore

Oz

YES!  I was totally dissatisfied with the decrepit and broken door slider on the screen door of my RV, so I went to the junkyard and got several cross braces and screen door panels and whatnot to custom make one which turned out quite nicely.  Anywho, you can get one, two, or however many you want from an RV junkyard or salvage yard.  You can see if they have the right width or, you can get one longer and cut to size, and adding an "L" or "T" brace over the ends and door frame.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca