Where to buy a Coleman Mach Air Conditioner?

Started by chicknnhead, November 27, 2012, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

So I have been limping along our Coleman Mach ac unit for the last 2 years. The mfg date is 1978, my rig is a 76. so i think it was an add on just by things I have seen.
anyway I have been dreading it for the last few years and keep trying to keep it going, but at the end of last year I think it finally bit the dust(or I'm done working on it not sure which lol)
I want to get another coleman mach(to be honest I figured this one has been pumpin since 78 so stick with what ya know). besides PPL and ebay anyone got any good sources?
I could walk into the local RV place 45 mins down the road, but i'm sure they are going to be crazy high just like everything else I walk in there for.
I can install the unit myself, so I'm just looking for a purchase place
thanks

M & J

Not knowing where you are, I highly recommend Visone RV Salvage in south central Kentucky. We're 3 hours away and drove there. We picked up a late model water heater for 1/3 the cost of new . I helped remove it and they even put it on a bench to test it before I paid for it. Got the latest model Winguard antenna for $40 too. The guys there are great and will work with you.
M & J

HandyDan

The Kansas City Craigslist has a guy in Drexel, MO that has two for sale for $650 or buy one for $350.  They are both less than three years old and in excellent condition.  Just go to recreational vehicles in craigslist and put Coleman in the search box.  The listing wasn't  too long ago and was still listed this morning.  I know Drexel isn't too close to you but it is an option. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

M & J

You said Coleman AC but this guy has new - never installed Carrier Air V for $475. Near Lexington.
http://lexington.craigslist.org/rvd/3440730711.html
M & J

Oz

Many of us have gone with the Carrier V.  They can be found at good sale prices and they're great.  Less electrical draw than the older units as well.  I noticed that right away when I got mine.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Carrier isn't making RV air conditioners anymore, so what it out there is all that is left.  They will keep supporting them and making parts for them though, according to what I read on their website.

We had them on both of our old RVs, The Ark, and Excalibur...they work fine, I loved the air shower feature, and they don't drip water anymore than the Colemans do...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

News & Announcements
Airxcel Offers Bonus for Buyer of Milestone A/C
Wednesday, Oct 10th, 2012

Shown (L-R) Airxcel VP Gregg Guinn, Mike Casey, Rick Hawk and Dario Rodriguez
The RV Products division of Airxcel Inc. has a surprise for the RVer who buys the company’s 5 millionth Coleman MACH air conditioner. The milestone 15,000 Btu A/C rolled off RV Products’ production line in Wichita, Kan., this afternoon (Oct. 10) and was followed by a small party.
Besides the unit’s special gold paint, the purchaser will receive a $500 gift certificate for accessories at the dealership where it was sold along with a Coleman camping package that includes a RoadTrip cooler, lanterns, coolers and other Coleman outdoor gear.
The inside of the shroud also will be signed by the 200 RV Products employees who had a hand in manufacturing it. The dealer who sells the unit, in turn, gets a $1,000 gift certificate to be used at the distributor of his choice.
Who will become the owner of the 5 millionth Coleman MACH is anybody’s guess, including the company’s.
”We are going to put in into an unmarked box and treat it as if was just regular inventory,” said Gregg Guinn, vice president of Airxcel and president of the company’s RV Products group. ”It eventually will be shipped to a distributor who will send it to a dealer who will sell it to a customer.”
There will be a note inside asking the buyer to call the company. ”And if they are interested, we will invite them to come to Wichita and get the VIP treatment and meet the people who built it and take them to dinner,” Guinn said.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

chicknnhead

Thanks, Been looking for a new coleman
would be awesome to be able to buy that Gold Coleman!!! make an awesome news story that it went on a 76 instead of a 2013 prevost

ClydesdaleKevin

That gold Coleman sure would look pretty on the roof of the Nautilus!  Go right along with the rest of her bling...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

Well I bought a New Coleman 13.5 AC with heat strip and inside controls, got it locally for $830 out the door. So if the weather holds up tonight i'll be installing. i'll try an get some before and after pics

chicknnhead

well only picture I was able to get, got the old one off the roof, got the new one up on the roof. tonight finish the install