Installed a house style ceiling fan!

Started by 78brave1, June 11, 2011, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78brave1

Hi all its been awhile hope all is well with everyone, I just installed a ceiling fan in my rv and it works great using a 110 volt fan, here is a pic.

84WINNIE

I want to add a ceiling fan, too. I'm fairly good with electrical, but wondered if you could give a blow-by-blow account of how you did it?

Lefty

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

cosmic

should have put that on the other side of the roof. just might get lift off.  :laugh:

78brave1

how to install , first have to find a roof rafter to attatch to , check ceiling height , i installed mine over the bed , get a ceiling hugger fan or buy a rv ceiling fan they do not hang down as far. Then make a hole and attach the bracket ,then run a good extension lead wire through the celing and down the wall to a outlet. i used a house celing fan also make sure it can rotate without hitting anything. you also can use wiremould across the ceiling and down the wall. i have no problem walking under mine. hope this helps.

OldEdBrady

I, too, wanted a fan in the Alfabago.  the problem was, with the low ceiling, how could I do that?  turned out to be VERY simple.  I picked up a thing called Hong's Vortex Kit.  Mounts IN the vent.  Reasonable price, too.  Easy to put in.  So easy, in fact, I put in a second one (the old girl has 4 vents).  But, these run off 12V, not 110.  It's been a couple of years ago, and they still run just fine.

joanfenn

We put two of the fantastic fans in the motor home.  You put one blowing out and the other sucking in and you can almost fly a kite in there.

ClydesdaleKevin

We would so decapitate ourselves, even over the bed...lol!  We'd forget it was there, and WHACK!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.