Some nice solar panels

Started by gadgetman, January 22, 2014, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetman

I have 4 of these on my coach which I installed 1.5 yrs ago. They work great and actually put out more than rated at times.

I found 2 more on ebay and seems he has more. Kyocera makes some great panels. These are new from 2006. He did raise the price. They were 425.00

This will give me 780 watts thats almost 50 amps :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Kyocera-KC130-GT-Solar-Panel-130w-130-watt-FreeS-H-from-USA-Lot-of-2-panels-/261379616008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cdb706d08

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice!  I have room on the roof for 2 more panels this size...but I think if I fabricate a tilt system for the 705 watts of solar we already have I won't have to add any more.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ibdilbert01

Quote and actually put out more than rated at times.

As they should!   It takes a few seasons for a a panel to settle down to its rated value.   Some of the dishonest manufactures do not take this into count when rating their products.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

gadgetman

I thought thats what roofs were for !!!  cover them with panel, more is always better on a cloudy day :) My roof is full now and even had to hinge  one to walk up there for service work. LOL

Still need to wire them in. Just finished mounting them today.

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice!  I average on a sunny winter day in Arizona about 250 watts with my panels flat mounted, and that does the job if we are very conservative and don't run the inverter until at least 4pm, and shut it down at midnight.

If I was able to tilt the panels, something I'll be working on quite soon, I'll be able to utilize a lot more of the potential 705 watts my panels are rated for.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

gadgetman

How are you figuring your 250 watts out of 705 watts  in panels ? Have you never seen over 15 amps into your batteries ? 705 watts should give you 25 to 35 amps easily and max around 40.

ClydesdaleKevin

Morningstar remote panel lets me see the watts coming in and the charging amps.  Usually around 18+ charging amps on average.  Flat mounted you lose a lot, which is why I went with a whole 705 watts as a potential.  Once I make tilts for them they should be a lot more efficient.

Kev

gadgetman

So have you turned on 25 to 40 amps to see what the system can really do ?

You may just be looking at what it needs and not what it can do max, as the panels are mounted flat.

You should still get max at some point during the day even mounted flat. Yes it does reduce it but not what the system will do as much as the duration it will do it. That is what I have seen anyway.

circleD

I have the perfect material to make a tilt rack out of. Its the galvanized steel angle that is used for garage door installs. I made one for the house here to hold the panels but you could make the frame and base out of it. If you don't use your antenna then rig them up to work off that crank  Hm? The main reason I love this stuff is that its cheap, weather resistant, light, made trailers out of it, PLUS it has holes every inch! Makes it easy to mount things and pivot points. I'll get a pic soon of it.

Oz

And when you do, please start a new topic. It should be a very popular one!

:)   :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca