Replacement water heater electrical control panel

Started by Oz, April 03, 2013, 02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big99diesel

When I opened the door on the outside to the hot water tank valve etc it looks melted so do the wires. Are the electrical panels expensive or what to do in that situation. Any help would be appreciated I wanna take it camping with my family just need to make it safe!

Oz

Check dinosaur electronics and the other water heater parts references in the resource section of the member area for availability and pricing.  We also have appliance manuals available as well.

We have a good, free form you can download to keep track of all you appliance and accessoy makes and models for quick reference.  It'll come in very handy!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

doylexl

You might find a used rv water heater on craigslist. I have seen a few that replaced the water heater with a small electric water heater from home depot, and mounted under a cabinet or some unused space and just leave the inop water heater in place. You would to reroute the plumbing to the new water heater. You might even find an rv electric water heater on ebay unless you want to keep it original and also be able to run it on Lp you would need to fix or replace the existing one.

big99diesel

Thanks for the help I think I'll check out the electric ones seems to be the easiest way to go I appriciate the help thanks a lot

Oz

Don't forget to bookmark this topic so you can tell us what you found and chose and how it worked out.  Questions with suggestions are only useful to everyone else if the fix is shared too!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DaveVA78Chieftain

I think I would want to see a picture of what it is your talking about first.  If this is the water heater, then replacing the whole assembly is your best way forward.  While this is a simple circuit, you need to know what unit you have and what your doing if everthing is fried.

Dave
[move][/move]