Windshield wiper blades not touching glass

Started by tiinytina, August 11, 2009, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiinytina

Sent: 10/9/2006

I am worshiping the RainX god this weekend... I am not worthy I am not worthy..... Left out of Deale Friday afternoon in light rain... no biggie. Hit the deluge (and the 1.5 hour traffic jam over the Bay Bridge) at the same time.... My brand new wiper blades sweep the top and bottom 2" of their span.... but NADA in the middle.... seem to bounce on the windshield while driving. passenger side actually gets some clearance but not worth the $25 each i paid for them....

Is there an adjustment. We have an 87 Tiffin Allegro. there are washer spritzers on the arms of the blades that release the RainX ready washer fluid so I'm not sure I can replace the entire head assembly etc......

Thanx
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

tiinytina

Sent: 10/9/2006

ok guess I answered my own question... crawled up on a ladder and found I could pull out some tension brackets from the wiper blade assembly.. of course now I'm out of wiper fluid so i couldn't test the fix... figures.  Too tired to drag a hose over....
Tina

tiinytina

I was looking around for new wiper blade arms since ours seemed to be totally shot... JC Whitney has no clue and no options for our rig is seems...  anyway... long story short I couldn't find replacement tensioner springs either....

googled a bit deeper and found these - Snuggies! They are touted by jeep owners for flat windsheilds. They are available from NAPA

for $4.99 a pair I'm going to try them out.... let you all know.

Tina

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]