Someone had pictures of new LP Gas (Propane) VALVES?

Started by PwrWgnWalt, June 20, 2013, 03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PwrWgnWalt

I've spent an hour searching and cannot find the post someone did about installing new Gas shut-off valves...

Anyone know where this is? - or who did it?

Thanks!
- Walt
Walt & Tina

Oz

I remember what you're talking about.  It was pretty recent too.  I searched and I'm not finiding it so I don't think it was actually in a topic of its own but rather in a different topic, maybe even one of the "projects".

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

chicknnhead

PwrWgnWalt

Yes!  That's it!   Thanks for pointing it out...

Wanted to get a fresh mental image of what the valves look like - my local HD didn't have much, and what they did have wasn't flair fitting style, and was larger than my 3/8" line.

Will have to check elsewhere...

- Walt 
Walt & Tina

Oz

I'll add some key words to the title on that post.  I tried LP valve and didn't find it.  Maybe it's time to index all the topics again.

A tip:  If there is a topic you want to, or think you might want to look-up later, use the "bookmark" tab and you'll have a nice list right there for later reference.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DaveVA78Chieftain

Kevins valve picture looks like he obtained a valve with pipe threads then purchased adaptors to make it flare fittings.

Dave
[move][/move]

PwrWgnWalt

Ahhh - good point Dave;  that would be a good reason why I found several pipe-thread valves, but not "flair-fitting" ones.

I would really like to be able to individually shut off the gas to the refer / fridge (and maybe even some other lines).  Perhaps installing the valve at the gas manifold (long, black iron pipe that feeds the individual gas lines) is the least labor & parts-intensive way to do this?

So - what's everyone's opinion on what's BEST to use for adding a shut-off valve, and
what should I avoid using?

Thanks everyone,
- Walt
Walt & Tina

ClydesdaleKevin

Oh yeah...lol!  I wasn't quite sure I understood the question.  But yep, that is how I added a shutoff to the catalytic heater when I installed it. 

I bought the valve at Lowes or Home Depot...can't remember which...and it already had the flair fitting ends.  No adapters needed or used.  They did have ones that required adapters to flair fittings, but this one didn't.

As I recall it wasn't all that cheap...somewhere around 20 bucks for that little valve.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Supply, demand, and adapt.  Ahh the web we weave!  :)
[move][/move]

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

PwrWgnWalt

Great picture reference, Dave!

Yep, that's what I got at Ace hardware.  Installed under my coach at floor level, up under the siding. 

I put a 90* elbow "L" at the female end (right side of picture), since my line was going upwards to the refer at that point.  The elbow had double male ends (like the left side of the picture), so the flare fittings worked great. Mine was 3/8", but saw them for 1/2" ang larger, too.

At least we know they are available in a few places!
Walt & Tina