No Hot Water at Faucett

Started by The_Handier_Man1, December 13, 2008, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78bago

Sent: 7/4/2003 5:33 PM

Help, Im about to lose my mind. 1978 Brave, water pump works fine, I have water to everything,  kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower, and Aqua Magic, only thing is, only the cold water facute has water, nothing coming out of hot water facut, I have looked everywhere I can think of for a valve, but cant seem to locate one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Rich

denisondc

Sent: 7/4/2003 7:00 PM

All of the water for the hot water side of the faucets has to come from the hot water heater, which gets its water from the cold water supply. There might be a valve feeding into the hot water heater or feeding out of it, or - when my hot water heater sprang a leak, I just closed off its cold water inlet fitting with plugs. Therefore I have no water coming from the hot side of my faucets. Eventually I will replace the hot water heater, but since our use is almost entirely in hot weather, we hardly need it. Normally we use the campground showers, or the shower in the relatives house whose driveway we are darkening. denison

HAL

Sent: 7/7/2003 11:29 PM

HAL HERE.  THE WATER FEED TO THE HOT WATER HEATER COMES OFF OF A T FITTING  LOCATED NEAR THE CITY WATER CONNECTION AND GOES BACK TO THE WATER HEATER. IT T'S AT THE WATER HEATER AND ONE LINE TO TOILET AND SINK AND SHOWER. OTHER LINE TO HOT WATER HEATER. I WOULD CHECK THE WATER LINE GOING INTO THE WATER HEATER. MAY BE CAPED DUE TO WATER HEATER TANK LEAK. 

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sent: 7/8/2003 2:01 PM

Do you by chance have a hot water heater bypass setup installed?  Typically, there are 3 valves with that setup.  One on the input to the heater, one on the output and a diverter valve to direct water "around" the heater.  If you do, make sure both the input and outpuut valves are open and the diverter valve is not bypassing the heater.

Dave

[move][/move]

78bago

Sent: 7/11/2003 4:35 PM

Well, I found my problem, After pulling out the cooking stove, I found the water tank had been by passed, with some, ingenious engeering, do to a rather split in side of tank, looks like P/O had forgotten to drain the tank, and didnt think it would freeze and bust. Thanks for all your help. am in process of trying to get tank welded or have a heart attack when i found price of new one.
Rich