Differences between torqueflite and loadflite transmissions?

Started by thisoldhippy, June 30, 2013, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisoldhippy

OK! Thinking of rebuilding my tranny in my winnebago! Need to know if there is a difference between parts for the torqueflite and loadflite!!

James E Vining

I'm not Positive been about 20 years since I have messed with anything other then a 727 or 904 but wasn't the Loadflite Tranny the Semi automatic design? as in it shifted automatically but had a clutch to start and stop with?
I remember seeing one of those Clutch automatics on my uncles 413 Wedge or something like that.

DaveVA78Chieftain

The 727 Torqueflite label was used in cars
The 727 Loadflite label was used in truck and Motorhome applications.

That is about all you see in any documentation I have found.

Dave

[move][/move]

thisoldhippy

Yes Dave that is what I have found as well! It basically is just a torqueflite relabeled!Have been reading a how to book on it! Researching torque converters and shift kits now! Thanks!

thisoldhippy

James those were clutchflites used in drag racing a lot! :)clap

thisoldhippy

Ya! I'm a DIY kind of guy and half the reason I want to rebuild is because I have never done it before! How much are you looking for yours?  :)clap

James E Vining

Quote from: thisoldhippy on July 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
James those were clutchflites used in drag racing a lot! :)clap

Thanks Sorry about the bad Info, It's been years since I was really into MOPAR and my Brain is no longer as trustworthy as it was.
It's been mostly a money thing or id be much more into MOPAR stuff as I love MOPAR and have been building them since I was about 13 or so started with my dad's Dirt track car and went from that to Power wagons, Duster's with BB 383's etc.
really having a Blast restoring this 71 D-20 Winnebago   sometimes wish it was a muscle car but still having a blast.

James E Vining

OH wow it just hit me no wonder I had some weird issues with my 74 Power wagon it had a 727 but a short output shaft and a short driveline between it and the Transfer case and I had issues finding parts now maybe that was why.
I have found that the Typical Parts stores like Auto-zone, etc. seem helpless when it comes to finding parts for the MH but I found a local parts store that blew me away when I went in as they knew exactly what I was talking about be it the Clearance lights, Engine parts, etc.
Just something I thought may be pertinent when people are looking for parts may want to find a local parts store rather then the big chain stores.

Oz

Almost no parts store will have any info on RV parts references for old Dodge chassis.  So, this is what they will be able to relate to:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,510.0.html
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

vacuumbed

Is the Torqueflight and the Loadflight the same on the inside?