Bumper Extension Build

Started by LJ-TJ, July 25, 2013, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I just finished building a bumper extension for the 75 21footer and though someone else might be interested. The total cost was $10.00 for the two pieces of 4X11/2/x20". I haven't decided yet how to do the fill in. Weather a tool box or ????????

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

i?? Sorry Mark I screwed this up?

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

moonlitcoyote

Nice job, I think I would put a big locking tool box in that spot.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Good job however that is a butt welded joint right?  Lap joint would have been stronger

Dave
[move][/move]

DELTA912

Fill it in like mine. I'll snap a photo for you to see. Make the sides drop to put a bike, wheel chair, ATV, what have you.
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

ibdilbert01

That looks GREAT!!!!!      :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

DELTA912

Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Perfect, that's along the idea I was thinking of only I was thinking of maybe trying to weld a tool chest the thickness of the bumper on each side of the middle space and save it for carrying stuff in the middle.
Dave your right about the but weld but I'm in a hurry a bunch of us are heading out to a Winnebago Rally in Thompson Ohio for the Aug 2. If it looks like it will work then I plan on adding a little more reinforcement.

LJ-TJ

• Just got this from Vic who's heading out for the same Winnebago Rally. Well you got me motivated. this is nice and removable. I'm going to make a storage container insert as well.