Coach wiring - 74 brave?

Started by kage, August 22, 2013, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kage

I realize I will not find a wiring diagram for my 74 brave (coach).  But can anyone give me suggestions for locating and accessing the coach wiring? The fixtures I am looking at are the light in the bathroom and the front door light in particular.  I am afraid they run in the roof or the walls and I don't want to tear up the whole interior just for that.  What does everyone else do?  Run the wires exposed on the walls?
Winnebago ind. said they lost all the old diagrams in a fire, which is sad but when I saw the posted diagram for the 73 (?). If that's what they lost, maybe it's not such a big loss?   

mrmuse

I have a 76 Custom (Dodge) and am doing the bathroom and galley wiring as we speak.  Start here:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/board,66.0.html

mrmuse

kage

thanks mrmuse, that takes me back to a category, not a specific thread. Was there a specific thread you had in mind if I may ask? (also your pm box is full) maybe to avoid questions like this?

mrmuse

Sorry about the pm thing, I emptied it..As for the category link to "electrical", that is where I started looking for my 76 info.  I've re-plumbed and re-wired the complete interior, so can help with specific questions
Start with "resources" here in the forum and download everything related from 73-75, and check the "store" for the "eyebrow" manual...Best money I've ever spent.
Articles from "Dave" (DaveVA78Chieftain)have many links to wiring info, and it isn't that hard.  A $10.00 VOM and "reading" is all that is required.  Then don't be afraid to ask questions..

mrmuse