Someone painted my front rims with indoor or latex paint.

Started by James E Vining, September 05, 2013, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

I am beside myself here as to why someone would paint the front rims with what appears to be indoor paint or  Latex to be sure  :)rotflmao .
I sprayed the Zep Industrial purple on the front rims just like I did the rears to clean the misc. grease, goo off of the paint and to my shock the paint starting running off like milk.
I have washed (literally) all the white paint now there is this funny Orangish tan paint under that and it too is starting to run off.
I just had to post this as it was hilarious I wish I had taken pics of it as It looked like I had spilled 2 gallons of milk on my front wheels.

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

James E Vining

Ya I should not be surprised actually (hence the referral to previous owner as a Jackwagon) With all the weird stuff I have found, Wiring to nowhere, Wiring Spliced multiple times, cut propane Tubing, all internal cabinets missing and the interior painted WHITE. The list goes on and on and on.
I just thought this was hilarious, and another thing I found that the Zep Industrial Purple is good for is removing incorrect Paint from Items, as well as cleaning the aluminum well but you have to keep an eye on it. It also works great for cleaning Showers, Tubs etc. Just a warning it caused me to have a coughing fit and is kind of hard on the eyes if you get to much fumes/spray in the air.
BTW I think you can remove skin if you let it get on your skin and do not wash it off quickly I know my forearm started burning when I splattered myself.

dezertgurl

That Zep is good stuff! You can also remove almost any kind of paint with BrakeKleen, I found that out the hard way!  :-[
It's good you have a sense of humor about your project. Sometimes that's the only way to cope with the crazy illogical things people do. I once bought a Jeep someone had painted with blue latex paint, what a mess!
Just sold 1973 Winnie D20 Brave