Dometic RM 66E Temp on LP at setting 2.

Started by James E Vining, September 03, 2013, 03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James E Vining

Now this may be normal ( I may have a excellent working fridge) or this may be a sign that Thermostat is off ( I know it works cause at 1.5 it goes into low flame mode)
Anyway I have been using the MH Fridge Due to issues with unwanted house guests (PESTS) and I have noticed this time I used it and Previously when I did the Burping and got it to work for first time since I owned it that my Pop seemed really cold in fridge so I put a Thermometer in there that goes to -30F and found that at a setting of 2 the fridge stays at approx. 35 F at a setting of 1 it stays about 40 F, Now this is with a outside temp between 80 F and 90 F ( I say 80-90 because I have been running it last 4 days or so and a couple days it was in lower 80's and a couple days it was 88 and 91)
I am curious if this sound right for such a low setting on thermostat? I would of thought I needed to have it set say 4-6 to keep it that cold with outside temps that warm,
BTW this is with the fridge re installed back in MH too.
I have no Idea what the freezer temp was but I know the Hamburgers and Johnsonville Cheese and Bacon Burgers were frozen solid, almost better then my large freezer.
SO it is working good too.
Just curious as to what temps others have found in their fridges when running on LP Gas,
I had set the Thermometer on the upper shelf out towards the door to get the temperature readings.

mrmuse

My InstaMatic running on LP last week on coldest setting (1-4) 4 has the freezer @ -10/12 and the fridge @ 25.  No fan internally.  Also temps were above 85.
I did notice opening the door 2 or 3 times temp rises quickly by 2-5 degrees.
Mine is working great..But I'm trying setting 3 this week to get freezer about 0 and fridge just above 32.

mrmuse