broken throttle cable

Started by dirtfan85, February 17, 2014, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtfan85

I have a broken throttle cable on my 1979 titan 440 dodge I have looked through the  site but cannot find if anyone has posted a part number for it or if is still available  any help is greatly welcomed.

thanks greg

Stripe

Greg, if Dave doesn't have the answer for this I'll eat my hat.  However, in the unlikely event I have to eat my hat Know that a custom cable can be made for that and they are relatively cheap to boot.  It's just a thicker version of a bicycle brake cable.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

TerryH

As per Stripe's reply many motorcycle shops make their own cables (clutch, brake, fuel etc. so heavier than bicycle), sized to suit, with proper ends and anti-kink outer sleeve. May be a simple option.
Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

TheSportsmanDodger

hope you have $$$$ hahahaha that is not no dang saint,

i fabricated mine out of a bicycle 8ft tandum cable, a piece of copper, and  one of the little aluminum brackets from a old roof  vent and  screw with bolt.  I teach a vehicle not to get smart with me lol i'll turn them knobs, skin them wires, and fix that engine til  that sucker cannot say nothing.
anyway, try that as a start to fix it. cables run about  256 siezed.

Oz

The one Dave found from Schumaker is $142.  That's over a hundred dollars less than 256....  If you can't fabricate one, take a look at the references being found.  You'll get the true prices. 

You could try the RV salvage yards as well.  You might be able to find a good, used one for at or slightly under $100. Even eBay.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

That's pricey!  I remember when the throttle cable broke on the Ark's maiden voyage, and I got a new one the next day at Autozone for 30 bucks.  That was about, what, 8 years ago it seems?  Dodge 413 though.  They might be different for the 440.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Fredric,

Oz

$40, $30 & $20 respectively for the above cables.  Sounds like you have a bunch of options, much less that $256.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca