Sun visors won't rotate

Started by Rickf1985, April 25, 2014, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

My sun visors are having issues. I have the new plastic pieces to mount to the ceiling but the visor on the passenger side will NOT move on the rods. The ceiling holder on that side was ripped out of the ceiling and I can now see why. Does anyone know if a Chevy Bread van uses the same visors? My coach is a Winnebago Chieftain and the chassis is a P30.

Rick

DaveVA78Chieftain

Visors would be a Winnebago not Chevrolet part.

Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

I was afraid you were going to say that. D:oH!

M & J

Mine were having issues but after a few visits with a therapist they seem to be doing better.

I dont know why any large truck visor wouldnt work as long as they fit in the space across the windshield. Take measurements and good hunting.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

I should have added, you should be able to get the Winnebago P/N from the parts book for your rig.

I know, you did not want to hear that either!  :)

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

LMC truck has them for my K5 pretty cheap.  They are about 6 inches shorter, but you could always add an extension.  Its all about creativity with rigs this age.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Here's a question.  Why not just get a visor from a Semi Truck?
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985

Stripe, Why do you have to be so darn practical?

cosmic

I dun gone and gots me a pair of sun glasses.  W%

Rickf1985

Although.......................................... The rigs I have driven have had visors that attached right at the top of the windshield just like a car for the most part, albeit bigger. These have that funky wire system to bring it back to you since the windshield is so far away.

Stripe

Get some pics up, you've piqued my curiosity now..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985

I'll see what I can do about some funky pictures but it is getting down to crunch time. I am leaving on May 6th for Aberdeen Md. for a military vehicle flea market and show so I am thrashing now. I don't even has propane in the tank yet. Did get new tires yesterday that they charged me 200.00 more than they quoted me for! AND they couldn't balance them! Oh, they don't fit on our machine. Horse s**t! It's a major tire store, they do truck tires. Well it will be 200 bumpy miles. May try to get the balancing beads in time for the trip.

xerofall

So it appears my 1973 Winnebago Brave didn't have sun visors... or at least I cannot see where they used to be if they were removed. Am I crazy or did some not have them? 

chip2lane

Look for a company called Hill Supply.  They have all kinds of stuff that used for a P30 chassis.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca