Queen Size Memory Foam bed in my Class C

Started by Froggy1936, June 01, 2014, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Froggy1936

Well now that most of the mechanical updateing is done, I have changed my living quarters so i do not have to take down the table , To make up the sleeping area, I can now leave the bed made up all day , And use my smaller table as needed. Makes stopping for a nap a lot easier also ! Frank ;)

[smg id=6553]

[smg id=6552]

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

PwrWgnWalt

Looks good Frank!

We put a memory foam Queen in ours, too (long process of remodeling in my blog).  Haven't gotten to sleep on it yet, but getting real close!   

How does yours sleep?  Never had one...
Walt & Tina

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Froggy1936

I have a memory foam on my bed , I did not like it too soft , Flipped it over Sleep on the harder side . The one in the winney was my sons king size, My daughter in law did not like it so they got a sleep no . I cut up the king size Into 3  pieces( worked out perfect for a fitted regular size sheet ) for the winney ,And peeled off the soft stuff . Sleeps better than an air mattress . And way better than the original cushions . The smaller table is perfect for 1 person or a computor desk .  :)clap  Frank

Stripe

Are those foam all the way through? Would be interested to know if it could be cut to shape...
Fredric,

Froggy1936

Yes they are all open cell foam approx 12" of firm stuff with 2" of soft stuff . I used an electric kitchen knife to cut it cuts pretty easily or could be done with a razor type & cut to any shape you want . When we bought them they are packaged in a plastic wrap in a box about 3 ft X 3 Ft X  4Ft  with all the air sucked out of them . When you open the plastic bag you better have it in place because it grows very fast to full size . And it will knock you down my Queen size probably weighs 80 LB,s  Frank

Rickf1985

The mention of the growing mattress just brought tears to my yes! :)rotflmao These mattress's came out in around the mid eighties? A friend of mine "invited" some of us over to his apartment to help move a waterbed he sold to a truck and move in a new mattress. No problem, how hard could this be? Well, he lived on the third floor with narrow stairs so the waterbed was not fun as anyone who has ever moved a California King waterbed knows. The mattress was a waveless model so even drained it was dang heavy. We humped it down three flights and several more trips for all of the framing and then another trip to bring up the ungodly heavy heavy box with the memory foam mattress in it. Did I mention there was beer involved in this? It was summertime of coarse, you don't do this stuff in cool weather no do you? Well we already knew that the mattress was going to be a tight fit because the waterbed filled the entire room wall to wall. We had the frame set up and ater a few more beers, I did mention the beer right? We got to work. Open the box, no problem. now picture that there are directions on the box that NOBODY read saying which way the box should be oriented with the frame. Peel box away from vacuum bag, so far so good. Oh, nobody read the directions on the bag either. We did see the line that said "CUT HERE" though. Mr. Apartment dweller whips out his trusty US Marine issue K-Bar knife and slices the cut here line, end to end and fast. Then it happened! There are four guys in an 8' x 8' room with this thing and he just turned it loose. I and one other are at the door, we are the lucky ones. He of the sharp knife backs up and says OH S***! The other guy is in the back corner holding his beer and the knife holders, drops one beer, gulps the other and screams. Then it got really weird, and hilarious. As you said they grow fast, it overtook the guy in the corner and he went into a drunken panick and was under it screaming for his life. The owner screamed and stabbed the mattress and at that the two of us still standing just plain lost it. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard before or since.
It took a bit for us to compose ourselves to help them and by then people were streaming in from other apartments thinking there was a murder going on. Thankfully after he stabbed the thing the knife stuck and he got knocked over or we never would have gotten them out. That thing was HEAVY and the fact that it was just about the same size as the room it was hard to get around it. The poor guy in the corner, I think he probably still has nightmares. I know he doesn't drink anymore, I don't know if that had anything to do with it. i??
The one thing I will always remember about those older memory foam mattresses is the smell! Man did they stink. When he moved out of that place six years later we cut that thing up and threw the pieces out the window. Went out a lot easier than it came in but we still laughed remembering it. It still stunk when we cut it. Oh yea, we used the very same knife to cut it up. There were some theatrics to go along with it but no drinking this time.
Man, That has been over thirty years ago! Thanks for the reminder, I needed a good laugh. I'll have to send him an e-mail and tell him we are still laughing about that time 35 years later.

Stripe

Must......  Resist........   AHHHHH!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   :)rotflmao
Fredric,