Need New Front air bags

Started by Odss91b, June 17, 2014, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odss91b

In the process of replacing the brake master cylinder yesterday, I discovered that both of my front airbags in the coils are dry rotted and cracked open. So I need new ones. Does anyone know where I can get them and a step by step guide on replacing them.

Thanks Seann

kattkisson

plenty of stuff on this site about this.  Use the search function.  Be prepared to cuss.

DonD

I'll bring the lube and Band-Aids    :)clap
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Rickf1985

When I was looking for the air bags for my Jet ride I found Truckspring.com and they had a pretty good price on them with the lines and all. They are Air rides so they are not hard to find, just do a Google search for them. By the way I see you have the exact same RV as I have. We will have to compare notes. :D

Rick

Stripe

Here is how I did it and I think I put some links in there to the bags as well..

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7759.msg36431.html#msg36431
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

Replacement of air bags is a hot topic and many members have posted about it.  Use the message search for additional information and post any additional questions you may have on the most appropriate, existing topic.

:)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Quote from: Oz on June 19, 2014, 02:28 PM
Replacement of air bags is a hot topic and many members have posted about it.  Use the message search for additional information and post any additional questions you may have on the most appropriate, existing topic.

:)

Indeed..  And there is NO SINGLE correct way to do it, it's what is easiest for you to accomplish given your available resources..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

eXodus

Had also the idea to do it by myself, but if you are good sams member (not working for this people) you get a installation at camping world for flat $59 and the airbags are priced reasonable for around $100.
These guy's needed two days to get my 20 year old airbags out of the springs.

But it was a flat price, no risk for me. (only additional $12 for bolts and nuts which had to be renewed)

Rickf1985

That is a real good deal! I have one that leaks so I am going to look into that.
Thanks.