PACS 1500 Inverter insides

Started by circleD, June 30, 2014, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

circleD

I know there's been questions about these old school INverters and if there are any fuses inside to check besides the ones on the exterior part of the housing. I took some pics of the inside so you don't have to take yours out. There are NOT ANY fuses that can be check visually but maybe with a meter. Mine doesn't work so I might tinker with it before I disassemble it. There's a chunk of copper in there and the little box is heavier than you think. I left the battery cables and remote wires in place so when I put a newer and safer unit in its already wired. If I find anything wrong or a fuse when I tear it down I'll let you know. I hope this helps. 

circleD

OK just to confirm there are for sure NO fuses or easily replaceable parts. I couldn't get it to work even with a load on it. If it dies then get a more modern one.

Stripe

I have the same unit, I have to fix the remote I think to get it to work..  Never thought of posting pics of the inside of mine though.. :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

circleD

Here is a look at the inside and all of the soldered parts and the multiple small things that could just stop. And the BIG heavy block of steel plates and thin copper strips.

circleD

It has been stripped of all useful parts and disposed of now.