72 d18... Where's the Campground plugin wire located?

Started by Thenoob, September 04, 2014, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Hi guys

Flying out in 2 weeks to pick up my 72 brave I bought and driving here home.

Been printing diagrams and everything I can find for it but can't seem to find a plugin for campground power.

Did these awesome machines not get fitted for them? I'm just wondering as mine has generator hookups but no gen for the time being.  If they did have a power hook up where would it be?

I know dumb question but I'm 1300 km away from here at the moment

Cheers

xerofall

Should have one depending on the setup. Do you have pics of the rear end? Here's mine...

Plug goes to a Progressive Dynamics PD-694 converter on mine.

acenjason

The one on my 75 D21 is about a foot to the left of the propane cabenent on the driver side. Don't know if that helps.

acenjason

Also, I thought they all had a 30 amp 10 foot cord for the camp ground. Get a dog bone adapter to plug in at home. :D

Thenoob

Ahhh I see
I don't see one on mine in my pics but hopefully there is

I imagine there should be some where
Not in the back
Just a spare tire!

Thenoob

Ahhh I see
I don't see one on mine in my pics but hopefully there is

I imagine there should be some where
Not in the back
Just a spare tire!

Imagine it's there somewhere.  2 weeks and I'll be doing the long haul over the rockies

Lefty

Ours was located on the drivers side, just behind the rear wheels.
If you can locate the fuse panel inside, you should be able to follow the cord from there.

A safety note about dog bone adapters. Yes, they allow you to plug a 30a cord into a standard 110v house outlet... No, they do not magically increase the available power to 30a. You can run the interior lights, a tv, and some other stuff.. but if you try to run the roof A/C and another high amperage device like a coffee maker or microwave at the same time you can overload the circuit. Keep in mind also, any other devices that are attached to other outlets on the same circuit.
For best results, install a dedicated 30a outlet near where you park at home, and make sure it is powered by it's own 30a circuit breaker. I have always installed one at every home we have lived in. It's very easy, and everything you need can be bought at a Home Depot or Lowe's. (note- I live in an area that is NOT regulated by permits or inspections... if you are, you must use a licensed electrician and obtain the necessary permits from your local governing agency, and also arrange for any necessary inspections afterwards).
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Lefty

I can clearly see your power outlet sticking out of it's hole above the drivers side rear wheel..

Wanna borrow my glasses?
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Thenoob

Hahahah easy now
I'm gas away from this thing and she's my first Winnie.

From all the chasis diagrams and manuals I've been reading , the little things always miss ya lol

Noob =  i??

Rickf1985

Don't feel bad Noob, I didn't see it either. Hey Lefty, send those glasses. W%

Thenoob

pvoth1111

We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

Thenoob