Battery cables but no battery?

Started by jbragg, January 16, 2015, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbragg

In the forward outside storage compartment I have a set of battery cable, but no battery. Is this and additional house battery, or something that was added by the PO. What size battery should I install or should I just remove the cables from the source all together?[/size]Thanks for any help in advance.
Jim & Angel
1987 Winnebago Elandan 37RQ
Kentucky

Rickf1985

The battery compartment should have at least two deep cycle 12 volt batteries in it and they are separate from the coach battery. They are the house batteries.

MotorPro

Elandan house batteries go under the driver and passenger seats. Cables in the storage sound like an add on.

jbragg

I have the house batteries under  the driver and passengers seats. So, I'm going to take this as an add on and remove the cables. Appreciate all the help and information.
Jim & Angel
Kentucky

Rickf1985

You might want to follow them back to the source to be sure of what they are. Also to be sure you are not playing with hot wires.

jbragg

Good advice Rick. Thanks. That was my plan. Figured since there were no batteries there, probably wasn't going to make a difference if I put any back. But, definitely don't like the idea of having the cables just hanging there. Finding out there are quite a few things that the PO didn't reveal and, being a newcomer, didn't know to ask or look for. But nothing that I can't fix.
Jim & Angel
Kentucky

Rickf1985

You are going to find all kinds of surprises done in the past. I have all of the records on mine from when it was new and all, and I mean ALL, work was done at dealers and Camping Worlds. It was only owned twice before me and the second owners only had it for two years but used it for one and husband passed. The owners themselves did none of the work. Man you talk about some scary stuff!!!! ??? W%