Installing a faulkner awning-screw type, size, length?

Started by Rusty2867, April 03, 2015, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty2867

Ok so the Minnie I got last fall has a awning but it is not on it.I have everything (I think) to put it back on except all the screws,I even have the instructions for it,however it does not say what size or type of screws to use attaching the fabric rail to the side of the rv.I tell you the instruction sheets leave some to be desired but it is from I assume mid 70's.Anyway I found a lot of good info on here about the awnings but need to know about those screws,size,type,length?

Thanks for the help,Todd         

Oz

When I replaced my screws, I used stainless, 1".
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

RANGERRICK

I think you can use 2" at the bottom and 3
' at the top

Froggy1936

Hi Rusty, Use only good grade stainless screws,Preferably threaded all the way to the top  Use the largest diameter that will fit thru holes already drilled in all brackets And rails, for the fabric rail they will probably only go into styerfoam ,If location of strip is going to allow screws to come thru the wall below the roof dont go over 1 1/8 in in lenth , If they are going into the roof material you can go longer, For the upper brackets I used bolts with nuts as location was visable inside, for brakets at bottom they should screw into edge of flooring , If so these can be 3 in long ,(or if no bite due to soft wood from old age longer)  I reccomend pilot holes (smaller than screws) for all and use cake soap on all screws drive in with impact drill Being carefull to not strip holes . Layout all planned holes before drilling any. Watch arm placement for doors etc . Good Luck Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DRMousseau

Been waitin' for replies to this thread,.... seems the PO reinstalled the rails on the wrong side of the coach when the roof was replaced!!!! Now I have to pull the rails and put the canopy rail on the proper side!!! AND hope there's no damage done when doing so. BUT,... I wanna do it RIGHT!!! Kinda' thought stainless steel screws were right for this???? But what size???

Thanks guy!!!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"