89 Chieftain repaint

Started by JerryP, June 05, 2015, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Still a lot more work to do, but the hard stuff is over.
Need to finish the grill, and rubber window seal stuff with the Plasti Dip
Detail stuff to do, and may go back and redo some little spots when I am in the mood.

It is not awesome. The perfectionists will pick it apart, but, I have 6K in my RV, so I don't care.
I have around 350 in the paint job.

Jerry P
89 Winnebago Chieftain 23RC
A work in progress

LJ-TJ

:D Geeeess I don't know it looks pretty slick to me. Love the color. As far as the perfectionists. Go pee on them. I think it looks great. Well done. :)ThmbUp

joanfenn

Wow, that looks great.  I love the colors.  good job :)ThmbUp

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ibdilbert01

Looks GREAT!!!  Love it!!!   When did you say you were going to paint mine?   :D
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

joev

looking good don't worry about what the perfectionist would say you painted it and you know all the flaws most people don't see what you see because you know where the flaws are and for the price of the paint job if your not happy with it later you can change it and didn't cost you a fortune to do it. Job well done :)clap

TripleJ

OK, so what method did you use? Spray or roller?

I like it. I really like that dark green, and the top being that silver/grey really makes it look sharp and modern :)ThmbUp

Im doing my rims right now, the exterior is next :)clap
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

JerryP

Quote from: TripleJ on June 08, 2015, 12:20 PM
OK, so what method did you use? Spray or roller?

I like it. I really like that dark green, and the top being that silver/grey really makes it look sharp and modern :)ThmbUp

Im doing my rims right now, the exterior is next :)clap

I started out spaying, but the paint gun could not push the thick paint, so I ended rolling it, and brushing.
Will go back and touch it up as I feel like it
I will continue looking for a spray nozzle big enough.
Jerry P
A work in progress

Rickf1985

You need to thin the paint for spraying. A undercoat tip would work but it would be sloppy. the only other option is an airless sprayer that sprays under very high pressure and no air, just paint. I have ysed this for painting large equipment. You would have to be fast since the paint comes out pretty quick. It is the same setup that is used to paint houses and road lines. Interiors are sprayed with this system also. You can rent the sprayers at most any paint store.

JerryP

I am using a hammered finish paint so you can't thin it.
Jerry P
A work in progress

Rickf1985

Gotcha, I don't know if that is sprayable from airless or not. You would have to ask the paint manufacturer. If you are going to do the entire vehicle it would be worth it to find out.