Need replacement clearance markers 1986 Chieftain

Started by bnlfan, December 17, 2016, 08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnlfan

Hello all,

Starting back on my restoration today.  I wish I had ample funds and unlimited time to just start on this and go until its done....lol  But, back to reality..

I have to replace the clearance markers on the front of the Cheiftain.  Several times I have ordered lights I was told would work.  And, they did not fit.

Does anyone know if there is a specific fixture to use for the front side marker turn signals?  The Yellow lens ones.

ClydesdaleKevin

Got any pictures of them? It might help for us to help you track them down.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

tmsnyder

The old lenses should have their part number on them, see anything there?

bnlfan

Unfortunately the lenses are broken.

I am going to be running all the wires down today.  I don't have any tail
lights and if I install my tow lights to the tow trailer harness, the dash indicates I have turn signals.  But when I check, they are so faint, you can't even tell they are blinking.

I opened up the lenses (on the rear) and the sockets are rusted to the point that they can't be functional.  I am ordering my new ones today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, update.  I'm a moron...but most of you know that...lol
They are the dang clearance markers, not turn signals.  I do however need to replace the 2057 bulbs.  I managed to repair my sockets on the back lights, so now I don't have to buy new.  8-)

I do have replacement side markers already.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

CapnDirk

I replaced all of mine with off the shelf stuff from the local trailer/truck supply place.  They had both incandescent and LED.  I went with incandescent but with ones that had two bulbs instead of one.  Cost each was about $2, and the additional bulb and new/clear lens made a big difference.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

tmsnyder

The part number should be on the bases as well, see any there?