Turn Signal mechanism with harness wanted

Started by mytoolman, June 24, 2024, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytoolman

Hi all. I am seeking the complete turn signal switch/wand assembly to INCLUDE the wire harness. I have the rectangular shaped gauge cluster in my 1973 Superior 2500 with rm400/m500 440 v8 also
Does anyone have a part number and where I can buy this item?
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

RockwoodMike

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1481982&cc=1086487&pt=4832&jsn=1142

The motorhome chassis by Dodge was a composite of many years of trucks..It was like they used what ever they had laying around at the time..

Now this link may not be the exact unit you need, but just check other years and models and you will probable find it..

Have your bad unit in hand to compare what is being shown by Rock Auto..I think this is your best bet as the NAPAs and O reillys obsoleted this type of stuff long ago
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

DaveVA78Chieftain

Most time parts can simply be found by following this process:

Step 1: Obtain Dodge MH Service and parts manuals
Step 2: Use the Dodge MH Parts book obtained in Step 1 to locate the Dodge P/N.  In this case Chapter 8, Section 8-50-0, Part Ref 8-50-82, For 1973 it's Dodge P/N 3488805
Step 3: Google the Dodge P/N 3488805
Step 4: Install new part using the procedures in the Dodge MH Serivice manual obtained in step 1.

Please notice the part that RockwoodMike pointed to also has that Dodge P/N attached to it.
[move][/move]

DaveVA78Chieftain

RockwoodMike Said:
QuoteI think this is your best bet as the NAPAs and O reillys obsoleted this type of stuff long ago
Use that base process I just posted first, then expand your search
Even on Rock Auto you can search for the Dodge P/N

At NAPA, gotta know about their NAPA Catalog Website  Lots of old goodies there that the NAPA old timers use.

M300 chassis is mixed in with Dodge Light Duty Trucks
M400/M500/M600 is mixed with Heavy Duty Trucks.

Have to clearly understand that the aftermarket suppliers ORIGINALLY implemented their parts support under the original Dodge MH chassis nameing convention AND did NOT want to go back and reassign it therefore,
M300 can be under M300 or RM300
M350 (73 & earlier) is usually under M350
M400 can be under M350, RM350, or M400
M500 can be M400, RM400, or M500
M600 because it was later in the process it usually is under M600

Class C van chassis is MB300/MB400 and manual support is usually provided imbedded with the standard van chassis documentation.
[move][/move]

RockwoodMike

This is good stuff!! I have that parts catalog and found the center carrier bearing for my driveshaft..

Dodge 3621457..Page 172 of the PDF..A simple Google search and there is plenty of sources for OEM part..Not the Chinese import stuff

An original part found on E bay for the same price as the Rock Auto import

Wish I had known this technique earlier :P 
The best mechanic is the one that can make it run with the least amount of parts!

DaveVA78Chieftain

Your welcome.  Google is your friend and while some stuff is hard to find, a lot is still out there if you are creative in search approach.
[move][/move]

mytoolman

The picture shows what I seeking 
Also have "Ethyl" 1955 Ford C600 equipped as a rolling tool store(ETTT)."Brutus" 1972 Ford F250 60k original miles. "Panzer" 1976 MBZ 450SL Roadster.

RockwoodMike

That link that I gave you earlier looks exactly what you are looking for..Has the horn thing too