Header exhaust "flange" broke off.....

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 11, 2008, 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalFrostbyte

Sent: 4/5/2008 2:31 PM

well not really broke, but worn down...

My exhaust is headers, down to a triangular flange that attaches to each of the dual pipes that run to just in front of the wheels

so on the drivers side the rear pipe came out of the triangle. and there is not enough of the flanged part to put it back in.
The triangle flange is unbolted now, and if I can figure out how to reflange it then I can get it back together no problem.

How do I fix it? I need to move the winne tomorrow or Monday, and sounding like I belong on a dirt track going around the beltway is asking for a ticket.....

Froggy1936

Sent: 4/5/2008 6:25 PM

Hi John, Advance auto parts has a kit with a new flange & triangle plate (made by Mr Gasket) They are in the speed shop accessories section  (where all the chrome parts are) You can hacksaw the old one off and use an adapter that fits over both pipes The cut has to be exactly straight (you can use masking tape to have a straight line to follow)  The distance from the end will depend on the length of the adapter dont forget clamps That should make apermanent repair without welding. Good Luck   Frank.
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.