Fuel Filler Leak woes!

Started by BrianW21, July 22, 2009, 01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianW21

So I got a 1976 Monaco Class C, and both the side and rear tank fuel filler assemblies leak.

The side one has 45 degree kink, and doesn't let the pump nozzel sit far enough in to the point it leaks fuel back out when you fill it. The rear one has a leak somewhere, but it's in the body of the RV.

I can clearly see the hoses and tanks, my though was to put two new filler assemblies (Plate, Neck, Hose) rather than fight with the mountings and what not.

Anyone else have this problem?

This is what I am considering putting in and connecting to the tanks:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JZP-300-000-20/

Oz

Many rigs have 2 piece filler necks, and there have been members who've had this issue, including myself.  The reason was because the neck was metal and, with age, they rust.

Question is, do you really want to spend $109 + for this or do you want to do it for a lot less, using a little creative ingenuity?

If you want to go the less expensive route and the uppermost end of the neck is in good shape, just cut it off below the leak and add a section of lappropriate inside diameter fuel tubing & clamps to span the gap.  You can use the metal flex type tubing as well so you can create the bend that's needed but in such a manner that the gas nozzle will fit in properly.

Of course this is only a good option if just the tube is leaking somewher between the filler end and the tank.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca