Great price on EPDM rubber roofing

Started by MSN Member, November 21, 2009, 12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallDiscoveries1

Sent: 6/5/2005

I picked up a copy of my local RV store's catalog. An item of interest in it was the Dicor EPDM, made by Carlisle. I thought I had found about the best deal at an RV surplus in Elkart. I found a better deal at my local dealer. It is too late for me, but maybe not too late for you. 21' by 8'6" is only $192. The 25' is only $247.68. This compares to $170 for 20 feet and $212.50 for 25' at the wholesaler. The shipping for my 25 feet was $75 from the wholesaler, which is really steep compared to ppl or some other sites.

Just thought I would pass this on. If I had gotten the catalog earlier, I could have gotten the 21 feet instead of the 25 feet.

As an aside, I chose the EPDM instead of an elastromic coating for one reason, labor. I figure it would serve me better to do it one time in 10 years rather than maintain it 5 times in the same amount of time. I put one coat of adhesive down and then covered the surface with the epdm. I then stapled around the openings after caulking first. I then used eternabond double sided tape to seal the alluminum in front over the top of the epdm. I also used a termination strip picked up from Menards for about $3. I finished caulking between the epdm and the eternabond on the side of the mh and  by screwing the gutters and garnish around the edges and trimming with a utility knife. The actual labor to put the roof on took about 3 or 4 hours. I should not have to do any maintenance to it for about 10 years.

www.edmundsonrv.com

mightybooboo

Sent: 6/5/2005

When i get to gutters I may look for some plastic channel.Someone used that and said it worked really well too.

Great link on EDPM price,we need to keep that one stored.With your Great thread title,will be an easy search for future use,thanks so  much!

BooBoo