Replacing RV Seats with Van Captain's Chairs

Started by JDxeper, November 16, 2010, 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDxeper

Will these captains chairs work in the 68  F-17.   Looks to me that I can just drill new mounting holes and use the swivel pedestals and all.  They are from a Aerostar mini van.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/pts/2051439477.html
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Oz

Even if they aren't a perfect fit, the base plate for the OEM seats can be easily modified (just drilling holes) and adding bolts.

If need be, a plate can be added under the new seats with holes drilled to match that of the OEM plate.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JDxeper

I am now the the proud owner of two blue captains chairs.  They have the base and also retractable seat belts.  Now to get them installed. Y!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

4winds

so many issues, so little time.  How do we ever get anything done?  Congrats on your new seats.

bluebird

You can make anything fit. I bought a set ot of a full size chevy conversion van a few years ago for cheap. I got the seats out of the center, as they were not worn at all. A a pair of Flex Steel recliners for $50.00 but I had to remove them. Almost the same seats taht came in my challenger.

RV Mech Tech

Just to add to this topic some owners of the GMC Motorhomes have been adding some kind of Honda seats to their rigs with easy installations -power 4 or 6 way seats- will post when I find out more or maybe some other members can contribute to this.

Arberg0

RV

was searching around and found this it maybe what your looking for

http://gmcmotorhome.info/living.html#honda

arberg
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson

RV Mech Tech

Arberg - thanks for the link(s) -  in some of those links they have pics of installations of  new seats from some of the Honda vehicles including modifications for  pedestal bases etc-  some CWVRV members could probably suggest other sources for seat conversions as well.

Arberg0

if need be it might be a good idea to make up a sort of step by step walk through with some of the pics if there is enough of a interest

william
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." --Thomas Jefferson