Photo of Instrument Panel 1970 to around 1973 Winnebago

Started by LJ-TJ, February 06, 2011, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

1970 to around 1973 Winnebago brought out a real fancy deluxe insterment panel. Does anyone have a picture of it? Hm?

Lefty

Do you mean the one with a kazillion gauges on it?
I've seen a pic of it, but can't remember the actual name for that option... I'll try and dig up a pic of it somewhere....
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

LJ-TJ

Yep! That's the one. Y! I thought I had a picture of it and the story behind it and thought some of the members might be interested in seeing one.

Lefty

I have seen a picture of that dash, but haven't ever seen one in person. I think it was called the "Cockpit Commander" option.... but I am not at all positive, and haven't been able to dig up a picture off the net anywhere. I'll keep looking. The pic I remember was on the old MSN site, and it might have been yourself that posted it... I can't remember.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Have not found any early Dodge panels but here is something for our Chevy P30 based breathern:

http://www.custominstrumentpanels.com/winnebag.htm

OK, a little less pizazz

Of course there is something to be said about the clean lines of a original 1970 dash

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

Well started working on the new insturment panel. Came up with a list of gauges. Did I miss anything? Hm?
So I need: Generator Hobbs Meter
                   Altimeter
                    Vacuum Gauge
                    Water Temperature Gauge
                    Amp Gauge
                    Volt  Gauge
                    Fuel Gauge Main
                    Fuel Gauge Aux
                    Fuel Gauge Generator
                    Oil Temperature Gauge
                    Oil Pressure Gauge
                    Tach
                    Speedometer
                    Clock
                    Transmission Temperature Gauge

DaveVA78Chieftain

Isn't Fuel Gauge Aux and Fuel Gauge Generator the same?

Wideband Air/Fuel ratio gauge

If you are looking to fill space,  monitor both chassis and house voltage then throw in external shunt based chassis and house amp meters.

Dave
[move][/move]

Froggy1936

What ? no Washer Solvent gauge ? / Clock ?  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

Gee's there ya go I knew I forgot something >GRIN<. Ahhh your right Dave but I put in an extra tank so I could run the gen set of just it. That way I don't have to worry about draining off the gas in either the main tank or the aux tank.

sdkid

1975 Winnebago Brave.

LJ-TJ

The best Dam manufacture and home growed. There not cheep but they are the best and home made in the U.S.of A  :)ThmbUp  :)clap

http://www.autometer.com/

Wantawinnie

Looks like you got just about everything covered and then some! I always like to have some type of directional compass when driving but that doesn't really have to be in the dash.

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  On our first motorhome, the Ark, we installed a lighted nautical compass on top of the dash...so the dome was right on top where you can see it.  We even recessed the rest of it into the dash padding.  We ended up having to buy a compensator for it because there was so much metal around it it didn't work.  Its a ring that negates close by magnetic draws and goes around the base of the compass, and the compass worked fine after than.

I'm thinking about installing another one some day in this rig...

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Froggy1936

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL Frank!  Yep, I'm a boat person...you can keep your ships...lol!

It was pretty cool looking...but with the GPS we never used it...it was just a cool looking thing to have.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Lefty

LJ-TJ

Ok! OK! Rub it in we're all envious. :)clap Yep that's along the lines I'm looking for. I like to be able to monitor my systems when I'm driving. I find if I see something going wrong I can stop "WHAT EVER" and fix it before it becomes a major issue and as a rule save me a lot of money. I snuck out in the barn today and I wasn't to bad. Made a blank template out of bristle board of the dash. If any body needs a blank template of a 1975 Brave dash let me know and I'll copy it for ya. Once I get it laid out I'll make a tin one out of house siding fasci material for a temporary fit and then when I finalize it I'll make the panel out of,what 18-20 gauge auto tin.

LJ-TJ

Well made it out to the barn today and came up with a template. Next step? Lay out the gauges I THINK I NEED  W%

ClydesdaleKevin