One hole faucet?

Started by mycommander, February 14, 2011, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycommander

I am in need of a one hole kitchen faucet. If the price is right I would like to buy one from some one. At the home depot, lowes, ace and more they are at a hundred bucks. I do not have that kind of money. I also need a toilet, and two duo-therm covers. If some one did a remodel please let me know. I have a 28ft 1978 Commander. Thank you all! :)ThmbUp
Thank you, Scott

OldEdBrady

Duo-Threm what?  They make more than one kind of appliance.

Oz

(  Duo-Threm ----  :laugh:  )  Two roof ACs? - a  28' would need two.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DaveVA78Chieftain

Your looking in the wrong place.  You can pick a kitchen faucet up at RV sites for $20-30.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=rv+faucet&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=18390839872043679474&ei=AWJaTe3ENsqr8Aaptrn0DQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CD0Q8wIwAg#

See if you can locate a RV junkyard for the toilet and stuff.  You can pick toilets up for as little as $50
http://www.pkbrvs.com/sch_number_results.php?search_term=toilet

Dave

[move][/move]

mycommander

Sorry, I spelled Duo Therm ( AC UNITS ) wrong. D:oH! I do have two, yes, and its the rubber cover that goes over the hard plastic covers.  As for rv junk yards, they do not have any here. ( At least close to me ).  I will check the links given to me. Thank you.
Thank you, Scott

mycommander

As for the kitchen faucet they have two hole faucets, I need a single hole. 111.00 bucks. I also installed the new "old " carb today, and so far so good. It still back fires out of the carb once in a while, now I have to figure out the metering rod situation. It smells way too rich to pass smog here. From what I gather its suppose to stall or run different as I adjust them and not much is happening at all, so I will put in other metering rods per instructions and see what happens. Thanks everyone for your help on that.
Thank you, Scott

DaveVA78Chieftain

Then you may have to consider converting to a different and less expensive type faucet.

The TQ metering rod adjust will only have a small effect on Air/Fuel adjustment.  You have to change jets/rods to effect a large change.

Jet/rod sizes for each model are listed at: http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/tech/Carter/pages/tqguide-Vaanth.html

Your original carb was most likely the Calif version 9150S.

Metering rods move up and down based on 2 seperate operations.  Initially a cam under the piston raises the rods (idle to light cruise).  From that point they move up and down based on vacuum pressure against the piston and the spring.  When you accelerate, vacuum drops and lets the spring push the piston up thereby pulling the rods out of the jets resulting in more fuel flow.  At cruise or decel, vacuum increases pulling the piston down which drops the rods into the jets decreasing the fuel flow.  That action is the equivalent of a power valve on a holley.   The sweet spot (point at which spring action overcomes engine vacuum) is around 6hg.  When engine vacuum is above that, the cam under the piston controls the metering rods.  Thats why the metering rod adjust has little direct effect.  Used more for fine tuning.  Backfiring is more likey a lean condition which can be caused by a vacuum leak.  Engine vacuum should be around 15-18 at idle.  My 77 440-3 runs right at 18Hg at idle in park at 750 RPM with 8 degrees advance.
Potetial vacuum leak sources:
PCV Valve (stuck open)
EGR Valve (sticking open allowing exhaust into intake)
Dried out vacuum hose
Defective Amplifier
Broken CCS valve
Intake gasket
Carb Gasket
Hole in distributor vacuum advance bladder
Hose going to dash vacuum meter (or meter iteself) bad

Dave
[move][/move]

mycommander

Thank you for all your help and links. I will go over my vac lines tomorrow and check the items you suggested. I have pretty much replaced all the vac lines, so I will double check, and take a vac test too. Thank you.
Thank you, Scott

jkilbert

as far as your fawcett goes, both my winnie and shasta tt have 4 1/2 in on center fawcets. i switched both over to a "bar" fawcet. this has a nice high spigot that leaves plenty of room when washing dishes.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

JDxeper

If I understand commander correctly, he is looking for a faucet, where the supply lines enter through the counter  in one hole, not two with different spacings.   Hm?
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

salplmb

most kitchen faucets these days are ment to mount both ways. just dont use the plate that it comes with. u can also check a local restarunt supply for a cheap single hole faucet. last resort is that if u have a s.s. sink u can drill or punch a new hole if needed.
hope this helps a little.
sal

DaveVA78Chieftain

JD,
Far as I know, he is looking for a single hole faucet simular to this:

This style is a dual hole faucet:

Dave
[move][/move]

mycommander

Thanks for the ebay tips, those are cheap even with shipping. I have never bought from ebay. For that price whats the catch?
Thank you, Scott

mycommander

JDxeper,
Is right on the money!
Thank you, Scott

mycommander

Today I scored! I have a neighbor that works at pick-n-pull. I helped him a couple weeks ago with a car problem. He tried to pay me and I told him "pay it forward". The problem was a 5 min fix. No biggy. So today he comes home and gives me a sink with a faucet for the kitchen and a sure flow water pump. I did not need the pump, but its good to have an extra one. It even fits! Now I got to get the hoses needed and I Have a new sink with faucet! One side is big, and the other is small, sorta reminds me of a bar sink. But I am happy, and grateful.
Thank you, Scott

Madathlon

Thats great to hear buddy!!
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

salplmb

that is cool.
i always say what goes around comes around.
sal

shimmy

I just purchased one from Ikea.  Haven't installed it yet.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40129633/