How do I access the fresh water pump?

Started by recycled55, October 14, 2011, 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycled55

I know many things are really hard to get too in motorhomes but I am stumped on this one. I have a 84 Winnebago chieftain 22 and really could use some help on this one.
I have a small leak with the fresh water tank and/or the water pump and I  really need to get in there.
It is located under a wardrobe area but I really can't find a way to access it.
Anyone have a similar coach who can direct me which way to go.
thanks
recycled55
84 winniebago chieftain 22   SOLD
2007 four winds hurricane - I know not a classic

TommyM

In my (recently crashed!) 1986 Cheiftain 27' the water pump was in the space under the wardrobe, and beside the furnace.  I was able to disconnect the furnace ducts (just twist/pull to remove them from the side of the furnace) and reach the water pump.  But another time I did some major re-routing of the water lines in that compartment, so I completely removed the furnace and access was much easier.

Tommy
Durango
'75 Midas Class C (parted out, scrapped)
'85 27' Chieftain (crashed!)
'86 33' Chieftain (sold)
'94 37.5' Elante 37RQ
Durango, Colorado

recycled55

Thanks for getting back to me Tommy.
  My furnace is on the pass side and the wardrobe ,water tank, and pump are on drivers side.  I think maybe I will have to remove the inside panels and see if I can access thur the bottom somehow.
recycled55

DaveVA78Chieftain

My water pump was under the bed so no big deal.  The fresh water tank however is under the fridge and dinette bench seat.  I have to disassemble the bench seat to get to the tank.  Gotta do that shortly to plastic weld the tank.

Dave
[move][/move]

recycled55

FINALLY !!!!!!! I gained access to the water pump. It is under the floor of the wardrobe. I found it by removing the power panel and pushing upward on the wardrobe floor dislodging it.  I can fix my minor leak now.   How do you spell (RELIEF)?
recycled55