Sources for info for 1964 Winnebago 217 Travel Trailer ?

Started by bcnyman, December 17, 2011, 08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcnyman

New to the forum and we were just wondering if anyone has any information about this model, I can't find anything online about it.  I found the RV of this year and model but not the TT.  Thank you for your help.  I'l post some pics when I get them.

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the group, and congrats on getting your 64 TT!  Someone here should be able to give you a hand...I don't know much about trailers except the systems.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

intofire1

Hi,
I have a 1961 Winnebago TT, I have posted pictures on this site. I am with you I got mine this summer and can't find much info on the net. I just learning how things work. Good luck
Gil in LA

bcnyman

I've taken some pictures and have a small list of items I need to repair and will post the pics soon.
My list:
Rewiring the lights and brakes.
Maintenance on brakes and leaf springs
Roof sealant
Pressure check on the gas lines
and Replacing the electrical cord.

If anyone has any tips in these areas it would be helpful.

Also has anyone dealt with etrailer.com?  I see they have an A+ rating at the BBB but any first hand info would be great.

Immediate plans are the roof and the rust.  I've seen info that suggests coating the aluminum roof with a full seal and I've also heard that small patch work is better.  Any opinions are appreciated.  Thank You.

ClydesdaleKevin

A quick search in the search window...top right of your screen...will answer most of your questions.  For instance, roof seal will give you all the info you need to seal your roof...and you have to clean and seal the whole roof, preferably with a white elastomeric coating like Kool Seal.   Checking your propane lines is simple...make sure you have propane in the tank, turn it on, and spray every fitting with soapy water...if it bubbles, you have a leak.  POR15 is the stuff you want to use for rust.  Etc. Etc.  It can all be found by using the search window.

Happy holidays!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

intofire1

I agree with Kev,
This site has so much info on all the systems for our MH's and I have applied them to the trailer with great success. My roof vent leaks a little so what I did to get through the winter is bought the cheapest cover $78 from camping world and built a small and light A frame out of metal and cover trailer. The A frame keeps the water running off the roof. This has work great for the pass three rain storms. Will fix this summer. I will post a picture of the ball hitch because can't fine any other like it.  (Hitch sews down on the ball) Does yours do that?  Merry Xmas to you and good luck with the trailer.
Gil in LA

bcnyman

Hey thanks for all the info, I've been serching the site and have found a large amount of information on just about all topics.  It is very encuraging to see the amount of knowledge shared here.  I was wondering if there are any pictorials if any repairs people have done, pictures always help me understand this technical stuff better.

Thanks!

ClydesdaleKevin

I did a pictorial of replacing the front and rear brake shoes on our old RV, The Ark, and its in that photo album...it also may be in another album on repairs.  Showed how to replace the shoes, get the rear axles out, grease the bearings, etc.  Others on here have posted pics of replacing whole roofs, very well detailed.  Just go to the gallery and start fishing around.

Kev