1975 Winnebago Brave coach fuse panel location

Started by sdkid, January 04, 2012, 09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdkid

The owners manual show a fuse panel for the coach. I can't find it anywhere though. Does it exist? I have been all over this thing and don't see it anywhere. I was also wondering if the coach battery will charge when the shore power cord is plugged in? Thanks everyone.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

JDxeper

Look for a brown metal panel, mine is located in the kitchen near the floor, the panel is the the distribution panel and fuse box for both 110 and 12v. 
The house battery will charge from the converter which is fed by the 110v.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

brians1969

Some of the earlier converters did not have battery charge capabilities. I had a Phillips out of a '74 and it was a convert only.

brian

LJ-TJ

The only thing I could suggest is to just fallow your shore line back. It should go into your converter. Hm?

sdkid

Coach battery charging: Nothing would work then after an hour or so, the interior lights would work and such. The fridge was already on, o I assume the battery was run down and the convertor charged it. I do know where the convertor is, there are only a couple circuit breakers in it. Will check for the panel in the kitchen.

EDIT: Just checked again and do not see it in the kitchen area JD.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

jkilbert

don't forget that your looking for glass automotive type fuses not household fuses. i have 4 in my converter along with the breakers.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

brians1969

tiinytina

most likely locations... under fridge, under any/all dinette/couch areas etc. and yes check the boot! near water tank etc..... it becomes a good game of hide and seek!

Engineers should have to work on/with, learn to fix, the prior model of anything before any attempt to design or re-design.    ???

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Oz

Many of the panels I've seen, on 21' to 24', are close to the converter, which was in the rear access panel. 
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Someone already mentioned this, but try following your shore power cord...the converter on older models is usually near where the plug wire comes in...but not always.  You may have a stand-alone converter, which will look like a rectangular metal box, or your converter might be built in to the power/breaker box, either under it or behind it.

Also, unless it was replaced with a more modern one, converters hum pretty loud from the transformer inside...turn everything noisy off, and listen closely...you should be able to hear the hum of the transformer, and that might help you track it down.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

sdkid

Not sure where the boot or trunk are. Saw an old post about it being located under the rear dinette on the back wall. I will check there as soon as I get that part cleaned up. Maybe the same location you are talking about. The convertor is the box type. I can see the power cord coming and go to it. The are no fuses anywhere, including inline.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

brians1969

The trunk is the back compartment in between the taillights.  Open it up and the fuse panel should be starring at you.
brian

sdkid

Was thinking that, but mine does not have a trunk.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

LJ-TJ

Dumb question but are you sure it's suppose to have fuse's? My 75 only has button breaker's on the converter. Hm?

sdkid

The coach  owners manual shows the breakers and fuses. Maybe it is incorrect.
1975 Winnebago Brave.

tomr

This one has always confused me. My '75 D21 Brave does NOT seem to have a fuse panel for the coach 12v power (as depicted in the owners manual).  i??

LJ-TJ

Ok, the one picture shows the back bench (Bed) of the rig with the inverter on the drivers side. The one picture shows the front of the inverter with the push button breakers (Fuses).  I have No other fuses at all except the one's under the dash for the head light etc.

tomr

LJ-TJ

Yep! My Winnie that burnt last year had the same inverter but it was on the passangers side so's to speak. But the same inverter.

LJ-TJ

Tom that's the one I have. As long as I've own my winnie I've never found any fuses like your looking for. All that runs my winnie are the breakers on the Inverter. Two on the left and two one the right. Two work when I'm on shore and gen power and two work when I'm on 12 Volt or battery power.

ibdilbert01

Those are "converters" not "inverters".   Y!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

LJ-TJ

I stand corrected oh wise and mystical one. I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.......NOT!  :)rotflmao

DaveVA78Chieftain

Ahh the joys of evolution.  I am glad this thread came up because it brings out a few not so well known things.

1) For the Brave model, within the same year model, there were both eye-brow and non eye-brow versions.

[smg id=3739]    [smg id=4040]

2) Some Winne's did not have a rear trunk

[smg id=3740]

3) Some Winne's had a PD Power Pack System rather than a AC breaker/ DC fuse panel.  You need to know both the model number and options of a PD Power Pack System to determine what it's capabilites are.  Up to 2 Push/Pull breakers on the left front panel controlled AC loads.  Up to 3 resetable DC breakers on the right front Panel were used to control DC loads.  The PD Power Pack System used a manual Battery/Converter select switch in the middle of the front panel.  The were several different sizes for the converter section ranging from 6 amps to 25 amps.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Well! It's about time you jumped in. Were you been. Us armatures  trying to carry the ball. Geeeees D:oH!

sdkid

Thanks for the input everyone. Learning more and more every day....
1975 Winnebago Brave.