Class C replacement steering stabilizer shock

Started by chicknnhead, March 18, 2012, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

Ok after replacing all my orginal shocks i have no doubt the steering stabilizer shock is original and needs replaced.
I have not tried to find the part number on mine(yet)
I have the MB400(class C) chassis. are they all the same?
anyone one ever replaced theirs?

the factory service manual mentions it but not part number. a google search produces a number of returns for stabilizer shocks for everything

the class A i beam front axle seems to be a different style mount

chicknnhead

took pics of my steering stabilzer, going to research the part numbers today

sdkid

1975 Winnebago Brave.

chicknnhead

I just wanted to add an update here as i'm looking at this again. i found the part number on mine of SC2918. that part number is no longer valid. i called Monroe and they informed me the new number is SC2911. I have not ordered yet but planning putting one in on July 14th, so i'll confirm this once installed

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

chicknnhead

yeah i called them before i called monroe, but they didn't have a picture of it. I asked if they could have someone confirm it was what they say it is becuase he guy didn't seem too confident, he told me it was just a wherehouse and they couldn't ask anyone... :( . he did tell me that they had listed a moog replacement number and it was SSD42, but that picture is no where close to mine. i asked about return policy if SC2918 was wrong, well i buy the product pay for shipping, if it is wrong pay for shipping back and the refund is the pruchase price not any of the shipping refunded. bacically it was going to cost me to take the risk. and not that it is an unreasonable risk i'm just not sure i want to do it when i know what the new replacement is.