lost power to water system control panel

Started by talon59, March 22, 2013, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talon59

I was going through my systems for the first time this year and ran into trouble.I turned on the water pump which worked fine. I than turned on the water heater switch and lost power to the panel. i checked the fuse block "coach" and the breaker panel but all was good. Is it possible that the fuse might be in hte chassis fuse block? Anyone have any ideas? SOS

DonD

I had trouble like this that turned out to be a bit of corrosion on the fuse holders. Drove me nuts for a while.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

talon59

Hey Don, What did you do to remedy the problem and which fuse block was the fuse in? Thanks for your input.

DaveVA78Chieftain

If the wiring for an 1988 Superchief is similar to a 1990 model, then the monitor panel is feed by circuit JA (14 gauge purple wire) from the "coach" fuse panel.  That should be a 15 amp fuse labeled something like "Pump/Mon".  This circuit is a primary source for a lot of diffferent circuits.  The water heater power (circuit JU, 14 gauge yellow wire) would tap off the JA circuit inside the monitor panel.

Dave
[move][/move]

DonD

My rig has a panel on the convertor with glass fuse holders. I just pulled the fuses and shined the contacts and the fuse ends with a pencil eraser. I think just pulling them and putting them back helped shine 'em up.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

talon59

Hey guys, thanks for the tips and info. I'm learning a great deal from all you experienced rv-ers. I'm sure this is not the last you'll hear from the novice. i??