where to get a fridge

Started by BABY GIRL, April 04, 2013, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BABY GIRL

need a fridge for 1985 minnie winnie. any ideas are welcome.

thankis
Jeff :)

Oz

Local Craig's Lists can be a good source, if you live near a decently populated area.  You can get a used one just about anywhere on line, from eBay to any regular web-retailer.  The problem with that, of course, is shipping costs if that's the route you have to go.

I got a great working, Norcold, full-size for $500 - and it still had the rest of the Winnebago attached to it!  (It was to the point of salvage condition but I got TONS of extra parts from it).

You can also duplicate this post on the items wanted board.  This would be good for any member who may have one available.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Got ours completely rebuilt for around 700 bucks at a place in Huntersville, NC a few years back.  Looks and runs like new...info is in the resource list.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

PwrWgnWalt

Hi Baby Girl;

Went through the same thing this winter, looking for a 6+ cubic feet refer to fit the void in our 'new' RV...
Contemplated used, rebuilt, new - you name it, but my options for used and rebuilt are slim around here.  Spent 4 months looking everywhere - Craigslist, eBay, online, etc. Seems every 'used' one anywhere within 500 miles was at least $600 and up, and most were junk (didn't run, something was broken, missing, etc).  Area RV shops wanted $1500+ for a new fridge.  I even looked at just installing a household fridge.  But then one day on eBay there was a brand new Norcold 3-way and a branch new Dometic 2-way... in short, less than $700 later I had a new Norcold N641.3 delivered to my door.

Keep looking & asking everywhere you can, and chances are you'll find the perfect one. For me, it always seems to be just at that time when I'm about to give up searching.
Walt & Tina