Looking for opinions on the Winnebago Travellers Club number..

Started by rclifton, April 12, 2013, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rclifton

I'm starting to clean up the exterior of my newly acquired '78 Chieftain and was curious what others thoughts were on the Winnebago Travellers Club number.  Did or would you keep yours?  Or did you remove it?  The number belonged to the PO who bought the RV new and has now passed on.  I'm torn on whether to keep it or remove it.  Is there anyone still maintaining a list or is there really little reason other than nostalgia to keep it?

Thanks!

JDxeper

Youy can request info on the WIT number from Winnebago, and sometimes they will have info on the PO. 
My opinion, gives it some more orginal look, especially if you have some info about the PO.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Lefty

I can tell you who the number was originally registered to possibly. I have a WIT Master Members reference that's dated from mid-1978. It lists every number from that date or earlier (which thankfully covers just about our entire group), and gives the name and address of the person who the number belongs to. The numbers were issued to a member when they registered for WIT membership, and members kept the same number even if they later sold their rig and purchased another one.

As for keeping it, that's entirely up to you. I've seen members keep it for originality and nostolgia reasons, and I've seen members remove it because it is basically obsolete.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

rclifton

Thanks guys, I know who the number belongs to as the PO was the original owner.  I should have checked with the wife first I guess tho as she says she isn't particularly in to it.  So I will most likely remove it after taking a number of photos for reference sake etc.  I appreciate the feedback to, I think it would be kinda cool to keep it myself.

Oz

I kept mine on the rear.  I removed it from the front - because I was putting on the club logo decal instead of the flying Winnebago.

but, I kept it on the rear - and even had replica WIT decals made - they are in the club store.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=store;sa=view;id=15
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca